Camshaft Position Sensor?

This is a discussion on Camshaft Position Sensor? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just replaced my camshaft position sensor because I was throwing a CEL for it. I took the old one ...

Camshaft Position Sensor?

I just replaced my camshaft position sensor because I was throwing a CEL for it. I took the old one out and it was quite a bit nasty. I took my battery out to make reaching the sensor easier, so I figured this would reset the ecu. Anyways, after putting the new sensor in, my car is running horribly and with a CEL. I don't have a code checker and there are now Autozones, etc. open right now. I'm trying to reset my ECU again in hopes that maybe I just didn't properly reset it earlier. My car feels like all timing is pulled and when pushing it to full throttle, it feels very, very weak in mid and high rpms. Can feel a definite lull when reaching that range. Does anyone have any knowledge with this? I'm up for any advice as to something I may have done wrong.
    Member- The Bugeye Mafia
    "The Blaze Yellow Assassin"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are all the plugs back on exactly how they came off? I've had the car not start due to that but never anything like this - sorry I can't be more help.

Jay

I just went and got the CEL codes checked and I had two. Neither was from the camshaft position sensor, which I don't understand because before I replaced the sensor, my car was running well. Way better than now. Here are the two codes:
    P0546 - Exhaust Gas Temp. Sensor 1
    P1086 - Fuel/Air Metering
    I understand the EGT one, I have no cats. However, I don't understand the Fuel/Air Metering one, could that be from a messed up MAF sensor or possibly from bad gas. I live in Atlanta and we keep suffering fuel shortages in this area so I wouldn't doubt it if I got some gas/water on my last fill up. A friend of mine got some bad gas from a BP in Atlanta about a week ago, and I just recently got gas from a BP in a town just northin of Atlanta but still in the immediate metro area, so I'm wondering if maybe BP is possibly bad down here right now.
    Anyways, I'm about to do a search on the codes and see what I can find. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to have my car running well by tonight because tomorrow is the Subaru Challenge for my area.
    Member- The Bugeye Mafia

Ok, the search results turned out the list of codes and this said that P1086 was "Tumble generator valve #2 (LH) position sensor circuit low input." The guy at the Autozone said what I said earlier for Fuel/Air Metering. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?
    Member- The Bugeye Mafia

Well, I fixed the problem. I had taken off the TGV sensor when trying to find the Camshaft Sensor. Anyways, when I put the TGV sensor back on, I just put it back on. Turns out that the TGV sensor is spring loaded, so when putting it back on, you have to start out around ten o'clock with the sensor, then rotate it clockwise to where the bolts line up. Then bolt it back up. That fixed the problem.
    Member- The Bugeye Mafia