3rd Gear Busted? Help Please

This is a discussion on 3rd Gear Busted? Help Please within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi so i was driving around the other day and shifted into 3rd gear and i heard this weird sound ...

Hi so i was driving around the other day and shifted into 3rd gear and i heard this weird sound like the exhaust got louder. I knew this wasnt the case, but thats what it sounded like. Anyway the next time i shifted into third gear my car made a huge bump and i knew i just broke something. Now when ever the car moves (in any gear even reverse or if being pushed) it makes a sound like something is being tossed around inside the gear box or flywheel. I drove it home and parked it and havent driven is since. However it still makes the sound. The reason i think it is third gear is because while driving it home i couldnt shift into 3rd gear, and 3rd gear was making a weird sound. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do or where to take it. Im in "Warwick NY 10990". Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    p.s. i was not racing or anything just everyday driving.
    also i have a stage 3 cluth and lightweight flywheel if that matters

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, i wish you the best. i just posted a question about the grind/rub i am getting when shifting from third to forth, not all the time just most recently while haulin a$$. it still goes into gear for now. did you experience this before third went bad? how many miles do you have? do you have an aftermarket short throw installed? wow.. good luck bro i wish i could help, i am sure someone on this forum can.

yeah it didnt grind when it went into third, but when it was in third it made a loud rubbing sound and it did do it before thrid gear went, but only that one time i was driving it so not even like 10 miles before it went. i have 55k on the car and yeah i got a kartboy short throw installed

I Support ClubWRX
    Does it drive in third at all? What does the fluid look like?