Check engine light....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Check engine light.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; was wondering if anyone knew what is wrong with my car...the check engine light shows that its my mass air ...

Check engine light....

was wondering if anyone knew what is wrong with my car...the check engine light shows that its my mass air flow sensor....so i bought a new one reset my ecu...it its still on....anyone know what might be wrong or knnow how i can fix this problem...maybe i should mention to that i just had my car flashed with ecutek....the power is there but the check is on...and i the guy that tuned it told me to get a new sensor too....and so i did...and still, problem not fixed...help...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you running any type of intake?

yea...the Injen short ram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWRX
    yea...the Injen short ram
    I'm not saying this because I'm an intake hater. I myself have a K&N Typhoon short ram. If you have your stocker, try putting it on. Some intakes tend to skew the MAF signal.

i thought it wouldnt fit because i have my fmic pipings in the way....true or false that i cant fit it...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWRX
    i thought it wouldnt fit because i have my fmic pipings in the way....true or false that i cant fit it...
    Ah hah! Please ignore my previous advice. Didn't know you had a FMIC.

anyone have any idea...

I Support ClubWRX
    Check that the air cleaner isn't clogged, or leaking air from it's connection. Check the MAF plug for water, or bent pins. Also check that the wires aren't pinched anywhere. Aside from that, since you already replaced it with a new one, I would say it's a tuner issue.

yea,...the guy said it has low voltage or something.....im not sure what he meant from that...maybe someting might be lose but i already checked it over....

bump...
    still cant figure it out...help..

Tighten your gas cap? Loose gas cap may turn the check engine light. It says so on the gas cap.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.