90K maintenance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 90K maintenance within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just bought a 02 wrb with 90,000 miles on it. Besides the maintenance I have listed below ...

90K maintenance

Hey guys,
    I just bought a 02 wrb with 90,000 miles on it. Besides the maintenance I have listed below would you recommend anything else.

Replace:
    oil/filter
    spark plugs
    fuel filter
    coolant
    brake fluid

Inspect:
    basically everything

I got this information from the periodic service manual.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just go to the dealer, bend over and wait paitiently
    or you can do most of this stuff yourself for half the price with better parts.
    If you don't know Subarus yet, read some stickies in Maintanance and Tutorial or get a friend who has one and worked on it already.
    So it had 90k when you boutht it, huh? Let us know how it runs second hand with high milage. Good luck with the car.
    Last edited by rallymaniac; 09-23-2005 at 09:44 PM.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

good luck with the car huh? Should I be scared?
    I couldnt pass up the deal, the price was too good. I'm not scared of high miles or the maintenance that might come with it.

I thought of bringing it to the dealer because I have $500 in subybucks that I didnt know what else to do. I agree I will get bent over.

you shouldnt be scared of high mileage, i got an 02 and just crossed the 60k mile plateau and my car has never run better
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

well it's ok to have high milage when you're driving this thing from the beginning, but if you're like 2nd or 3rd owner and you don't know the people who drove it before you it's a bit scary, cause you're putting your money (and it's not like 1 or 2grand) into a big unknown.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Was all the 60k maintenance done? If not you'd probably want to hit that timing belt while you're at it.

Jay

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.