LI NY Auto accident today. (BAD) Long Story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on LI NY Auto accident today. (BAD) Long Story within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Curious if anyone from Long Island knows this person. Today around 11am. On Sunrise highway out east exit46 westbound, I ...

LI NY Auto accident today. (BAD) Long Story

Curious if anyone from Long Island knows this person.

Today around 11am. On Sunrise highway out east exit46 westbound, I witnessed a horrible accident. Im in my work van cruising around 70mph in the middle lane. out east sunrise Highway is a three Lanehighway, no lights. I see a brand new white mazda 6 blow by me in the left lane, tailing him was a chevy lumina. They had to be doing 90-100mph. I see the mazda brake hard, try and switch from the left lane and shoot across into the right,( Like fast and the furious style) he didn't see the car in the right lane. So he tried to correct this but lost control at a high rate of speed. Smashed into the center divider(which is cement). The car bounced of like a ping pong ball, flew across traffic, smashed into the metal gaurd rail and went airborn. Flipped in the air came down and rolled over a few times!!!

All this happened right infront of me. I slammed on my brakes, got over into the left lane, slowly passing the mazda. As Im passing the mazda is rolling back over onto his wheels. I see the driver fly out of the driver side window and land on his face. I was likw WTF!!!! I shot over to the left parked my car on the side and ran over to this kid.
    He was shaking in convoltions screaming.Blood just coming from everywhere. I grabbed for my cell, but had to run back to my van. By the time I got back, a Verizon wireless truck rolled up. The guy had a blanket, we rapped him in it. We were trying to hold him down. He was trying to situp. Luckly a few people that helped out had medical experience.
    At this time now traffic is stopped. Huge traffic build up. I got threw to the 911 operator, I was talking to her, then realizing the mazda caught fire. The verizon guy grabbed his fire extinguisher. That didnt work, it was to small. luckly an 18 wheeler on the opposite side of traffic had one and it was huge. This did the trick, we put out the fire.
    Finally an EMT arrived, At this point it was like five minutes, after the crash. No cops yet Im freakin blocking traffic. people are morons trying to get through. Finally the police arrive like 5 at a time. Anyway they had to land an air unit and I hope the kid lives. His friend was like in shock(the one following him in the lumina) I was talking to him and found out they were on there way back from collage. ( Suffolk community) He felt so guilty about driving like that.
    Im going to call the hospital and try and find out what happened. I had to fill out a police report. Took forever. Point Im trying to prove. Dont race in traffic. Also wear a dam seatbelt. This kid was not!.
    By the way his name is Vinny.
    Last edited by TurboWill; 09-21-2005 at 05:21 PM.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMG
    02 PSM WRX Wagon, Kartboy SS, Omori Guages, Stromung Dual Tip, Maddad V2 Downpipe, Bosal Uppipe, Cobb Stage 2, Rollin on P1's and Prodrive Springs

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Curious if anyone from Long Island knows this person.

Today around 11am. On Sunrise highway out east exit46 westbound, I witnessed a horrible accident. Im in my work van cruising around 70mph in the middle lane. out east sunrise Highway is a three Lanehighway, no lights. I see a brand new white mazda 6 blow by me in the left lane, tailing him was a chevy lumina. They had to be doing 90-100mph. I see the mazda brake hard, try and switch from the left lane and shoot across into the right,( Like fast and the furious style) he didn't see the car in the right lane. So he tried to correct this but lost control at a high rate of speed. Smashed into the center divider(which is cement). The car bounced of like a ping pong ball, flew across traffic, smashed into the metal gaurd rail and went airborn. Flipped in the air came down and rolled over a few times!!!

All this happened right infront of me. I slammed on my brakes, got over into the left lane, slowly passing the mazda. As Im passing the mazda is rolling back over onto his wheels. I see the driver fly out of the driver side window and land on his face. I was likw WTF!!!! I shot over to the left parked my car on the side and ran over to this kid.
    He was shaking in convoltions screaming.Blood just coming from everywhere. I grabbed for my cell, but had to run back to my van. By the time I got back, a Verizon wireless truck rolled up. The guy had a blanket, we rapped him in it. We were trying to hold him down. He was trying to situp. Luckly a few people that helped out had medical experience.
    At this time now traffic is stopped. Huge traffic build up. I got threw to the 911 operator, I was talking to her, then realizing the mazda caught fire. The verizon guy grabbed his fire extinguisher. That didnt work, it was to small. luckly an 18 wheeler on the opposite side of traffic had one and it was huge. This did the trick, we put out the fire.
    Finally an EMT arrived, At this point it was like five minutes, after the crash. No cops yet Im freakin blocking traffic. people are morons trying to get through. Finally the police arrive like 5 at a time. Anyway they had to land an air unit and I hope the kid lives. His friend was like in shock(the one following him in the lumina) I was talking to him and found out they were on there way back from collage. ( Suffolk community) He felt so guilty about driving like that.
    Im going to call the hospital and try and find out what happened. I had to fill out a police report. Took forever. Point Im trying to prove. Dont race in traffic. Also wear a dam seatbelt. This kid was not!.
    By the way his name is Vinny.

Sounds like you kept your cool and did everything right. I know you weren't looking for kudos, but good job.

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I called the hospital, they cant give out patient information?? I don't know his last name. Ugh. Guess I will pick up the paper tomorow.

Dang, that's a hard lesson to learn like that, hope he lives and comes out of this a safer driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Peachypumpkincheeks

WOW. unbelievable.

so glad you stopped! so many people just drive on, minding their own business. i don't know the guy, but my heart goes out to the family.

Yes everyone, wear your seatbelts and drive a little slower.

~angels do live among us~
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Sounds like you kept your cool and did everything right. I know you weren't looking for kudos, but good job.

No kudos. I wanted to share this, because seeing the human body so F'd up freaked me out. I never seen so much blood in my life. I mean no joke this was just wrong.

Holy shi++ake mushrooms! You being a good guy, helped this kid.

Ya, i hate it when jackasses zoom past you, thinking they are tEh shi+. Guys, be careful out there, dont race in traffic, take it to the track.

Pics please.
    -Bruce

Holy crap.

I'm not on the sunrise highway that often, but DAMN. I'm speechless. That must've been surreal to watch.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

good job on helping him .. if he lives ( hope so) it could have been because of you acting so fast. instead of him laying there dieing with out help because everyone is to selfish to stop and help. good job dude.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

man it sucks to see such bad accidents, then to find out it's not human error that caused them but human stupidity. . .

I Support ClubWRX
    You're a good guy for stopping to help.

Damn, like a year ago i was goin around 130 from 6flags in NJ to Holland tunnel, at like 8pm. I wish i never did it because at the time it was fun. I don't know why im saying this but,even though that hasnt happened to me, i will never drive like that again.

My friend almost died after i was trying to go into his lane and i cut back out because we were approaching another car and he just caught sight of the car infront of me... it resulted him slammin on his brakes from 120---60

I will never do this again. Funny how stupid one is or how smarter one gets within a year.

I Support ClubWRX
    Speeding like that through traffic is stupid enough. Pulling that kind of move without a seatbelt takes the cake. I hate to be the prick here, but he got what he deserves. Thank god he didn't take anyone with him.

That's rediculous....90-100mph on Sunrise Highway?!?! That's not even a real highway! (I used to live on LI) Crazy...
    Yeah man you did great. There are like a million Vinny's on long island so you'll have to keep us posted on who he is and how he's doing when you find out more.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast