Removing oil filter the day after the change - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Removing oil filter the day after the change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ugh. Went to change the filter and ran into a small problem. I bought a Fram filter, PH3593A. I didn't ...

Ugh. Went to change the filter and ran into a small problem.

I bought a Fram filter, PH3593A. I didn't have a filter wrench, so I bought on that fits one size and attaches to a socket wrench. It fits the Fram perfectly. So I get under the car, and the wrench doesn't fit the filter on the car. Is the first filter they put on the car larger? Is Fram wrong about the size? ugh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by verbal
    Ugh. Went to change the filter and ran into a small problem.

I bought a Fram filter, PH3593A. I didn't have a filter wrench, so I bought on that fits one size and attaches to a socket wrench. It fits the Fram perfectly. So I get under the car, and the wrench doesn't fit the filter on the car. Is the first filter they put on the car larger? Is Fram wrong about the size? ugh.
    i dont have the oil filter in front of me but i believe that the stock one was a little fatter. Not sure. I don't really remember u dont need a wrench after the stock ones comes off. You have the sure grip on the fram and it's in an easy spot
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I Support ClubWRX
    That sounds like the correct Fram part #. Filters from different manufacturers are often different sizes. I like to use a bigass channel lock as a filter wrench. See that thread you referenced for a discussion on tools.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I use a Bosch Premium oil filter, part# 3310. It is smaller in diameter than the stock one.

Personally, I don't like Fram oil filters. Their Extra Guard and Tough Guard filters use a molded plastic bypass valve with no seal and the filter end caps are made of cardboard.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

OWNED!

Originally posted by FUNKED1

No, it won't pour. The WRX uses a special oil and it will actually levitate and fly out. Be sure to close your eyes and mouth.

newb
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    That's not called for. Give the guy a break. I'd say he's pretty brave to go ahead and do his own oil change when he obviously has no idea what he's doing. Ya gotta learn somehow.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

hey you guys

where do I find that special levitating oil?
    When restoring my first "ride", a 71 Ford Torino, I used cut up beer cans as backer for bondo. Theory was, aluminum wouldn't rust, so why not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12