AC clutch problem

This is a discussion on AC clutch problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well I have this problem with the AC clutch engaging every time my heat is on in my car. it ...

Registered User talonboost18psi's Avatar

AC clutch problem

well I have this problem with the AC clutch engaging every time my heat is on in my car. it engages like evey 30sec and the fan comes on as well. the AC is not on. chould this be a bad realy or a blown fuse or something small I hope

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is your HVAC set to defrost? or defrost/floor?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

well I dident check but would that cause the AC clutch to engage? i mean if it was set on defrost

yes, defrost automatically turns on your A/C. and at low RPM's the compressor cuts in and out about every 30 seconds.
    go f*** yourself

yah just checked it out that was what was going on. thanks for the help.

there's a mod you can do to disable the A/C from coming on automatically if you want. (with the mod it ONLY comes on when you push the A/C button).

pretty easy. you just pull out the HVAC controls and uncrew the little screw that holds the microswitch in the dial....just leave it hanging on the wires in case you ever want to put it back (not really sure why anyone would, though).
    go f*** yourself

yah that sounds cool I think I will try it some time.

deleted from everyday talk

I just found this thread, been having this problem and started looking at prices and availability of compressors and clutches. I feel a WHOLE lot better, new belts tomorrow! Hope that gets it. Shows I need to start with the most simple first, have a problem with that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack
    I just found this thread, been having this problem and started looking at prices and availability of compressors and clutches. I feel a WHOLE lot better, new belts tomorrow! Hope that gets it. Shows I need to start with the most simple first, have a problem with that sometimes.
    you may not need new belts...you can usually just re-tension them...unless they're really old.
    go f*** yourself

newbe,late night

Thanks for the response, I got a PM from another member suggesting the same solution.If you notice I moved this post, I should have looked a little harder before posting. Most other forums would have burned me, kinda new at this, appreciate the patience. 33000 mi. on my car so I'll prob put new belts on and put the old ones in the trunk, finding belts in rual SC could be a big problem in an emergency.