mods & the warranty
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on mods & the warranty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have not picked up my '03 Midnight Black Pearl WRX but I can't wait to do so. I have ...

Question mods & the warranty

I have not picked up my '03 Midnight Black Pearl WRX but I can't wait to do so. I have been driving around a sluggish '95 4dr Acura Integera for the past 3 years. I was just wondering is there any mods I could do WITH OUT voiding the warranty? I hope there is something, but my gut feeling tells me no. Thanx for all you help guys, i love this Site I have been reading it for 7hrs a day for 3 days now. Thanks again.
    One more week until I have to wait a 1k miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

to be honest...not much haha.....on the positive side however if you find a mods friendly dealer you are all set....stupid things void warranties. ie bigger wheels supposedly void your transmission warranty....samco hoses void your intercooler warranty my dealer said...likewise my uppipe voided my turbo warranty...

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, technically, nothing voids the warranty. But SOA is being a PITA on these cars and tries to. So it's really just a matter of how much crap you're willing to go through to get your warranty honored.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

First off, welcome aboard the board!

Read this post with its accompanying links. It's a lot of reading, but it should answer most all of your questions. You'll be hard pressed to find any mod that won't void some part of your warranty (it wouldn't be a mod if it didn't, afterall).

Voiding warranties.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

what up farMer

They can deny your warranty for any connecting part and then some. If they deny everything bit by bit they in effect void your warranty.

isn't there such thing as the magnuson-moss warranty act
    that says that the warranty cannot be voided unless the aftermarket part is directly responsible for the failure?

edit :: nevermind, i read the previous link^

Don't mod the car unless you can afford it. SOA are pricks in re warranty..

misterx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.