Tranny Fluid, I know another?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tranny Fluid, I know another? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is what i plan on using in my tranny fluid change. Redline Shockproof Lightweight 3qt. + Redline Synchromesh 1qt. ...

Tranny Fluid, I know another?

This is what i plan on using in my tranny fluid change.

Redline Shockproof Lightweight 3qt. +
    Redline Synchromesh 1qt.

and in the rearend

Redline Shockproof Heavyweight 1qt.(.8)

I was just wanted make sure that this setup will work. Thanks
    04' STI....GONE...

06 Performance White GT...5spd...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well it looks like u can only get that synchromesh in 4 oz. bottles So i will probably get another 1qt of the Lightweight shockproof and just one bottle of the synchromesh.

Hmmn... no one know if that will work?
    04' STI....GONE...

Ian
    I don't know for sure but I don't think that is a good combo. I use Red Line 75w90ns for the rear diff with no problems and MT90 in the tranny, you can use either 3 qts. of MT90 with 1 qt. super light weight shock proof or 4 qts. of the MT90, actually 3.7 http://www.cobbtuning.com/tech/gearoil/index.html read this it should help

Well then, im pretty confused now . I must have misunderstood what i read. hmmmn
    So then 75w90ns goes in the rearend and 4qt.(3.7)MT-90 in the transmission or 3qt. and 1qt. suer light weight.

Would u(Ian) recomend the 3qt. and 1qt. ? Or just try strait 4qt. MT-90 and see what happens.

I just dont want to put something in there that wont work and cause grinding issues
    04' STI....GONE...

I used pure MT90 with zero problems. Loved it, in fact.

I have SP heavyweight in the trans now though, and 75w90 (not ns...the ns is not made for limited slip differentials) in the diff.

I'm not sure why Cobb has those backwards, check out http://www.redlineoil.com/products_g...60&subcatID=20 for all about Red Line stuff.
    Last edited by 04blkWRX; 09-02-2005 at 06:43 AM.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Ian
    I first used the 3qt MT90 with the 1qt super light weght shock proof with no problems. I just chanced the oil about 2 weeks ago and I used all MT90 in the tranny and so far it seems to be a bit smoother. Adding the super light weight shock proof is good if you do any racing where the tranny takes more abuse

i just put today 2.7quarts of MT-90 and 1qt of Penzoil Synchromesh and it worked like a charm. No more 1st gear grinding and i can now downshift to 1st easily. I like it.
    but i kept Mobil1 75W90 in the diff that i put last fall.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.