Anyone had a car accident settlement before?

This is a discussion on Anyone had a car accident settlement before? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was involved in a car accident back in april, 2005. I was riding in my friends rr evo and ...

Anyone had a car accident settlement before?

I was involved in a car accident back in april, 2005. I was riding in my friends rr evo and i was the passenger. We were on our way back to drop off some tools for another Evo owner that let us borrow so we could install the cams. As we were almost to the friends house my friend was making a right hand turn, some 18yr old kid was coming at 60mph on a 35mph zone, unfortunately as we were turning i was t-boned real bad. I was knocked out and i was taken to the hospital. I got cuts, bruises, mesed up neck and back. I also tore the miniscus and ligaments in my knee due to the accident. I have been going to a chiropractor since april and i had knee surgery a month ago. I have never had this happen to me before or experineced this. I currently have an attorney representing me with my case. Since i have never done this before, what can i expect? I have no idea what will happen when they do a settlement, what will i have in my favor since i was a victim and was the passenger? Im kind of nervous and stressed out about all this for the last 5 months. Anyone been in this situation? What was the outcome? Thank you and i appreciate it.
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

The only thing I can imagine is that his insurance will be paying for your treatment? You haven't been paying a dime, have you?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yes I can help you in this area, I worked with a guy who was t-boned by a drunk driver, who ran a red light. He lost pretty much all the sight in one of his eyes and was messed up good. Well they have to try and figure out how much the medical bills will be and then there wil be a judgement for pain and suffering, which will depend on how good his insurance is, hopefully good because there are caps on what they will pay, and if it is not enough I would imagine your insurance will pay too, your medical bills most definitely will be paid and you should get some pain and suffering money, if your attorney is worth a poop. Sorry to hear about it man, hope you feel better, hope this helps. I would not worry too much, unless you know the other guy doesnt have insurance, even then with yours you would be alright, I think, your lawyer should be able to anwser these questions for you.

Thanks for the replies. More suggestions will be appreciated
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold