I'm doing the 30K Service, couple questions 4 U

This is a discussion on I'm doing the 30K Service, couple questions 4 U within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can't believe I'm about to hit 30K on my WRX. I am taking it in tomorrow for the 30K ...

I'm doing the 30K Service, couple questions 4 U

I can't believe I'm about to hit 30K on my WRX. I am taking it in tomorrow for the 30K and am doing the following:

J.D.ís WRX 30K service

Oil Change (with Mobil 1 Synthetic)

Gear box oil change 1st question, should I do synthetic or the same oil from the factory??

New air filtration filter for the A/C

New Air filter, 2nd question, should I do the regular WRX filter or should I use an STi???

Front & Rear windshield wipers

Alignment due to the inside wear on all tires

A/C compressor chirps when cycling on

Install the Whiteline steering rack bushings 3rd. question, will I notice a difference???

And next week I'm getting her detailed and installing some 225/40ZR18 Perilli P Zero Nero M&S tires

That's all for now

JD
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah i'd be interested on thoughts about synthetic tranny and diff fluid i'm thinking about putting in Mobile 1 Syn 75W90 in the tranny and the diff. Thanks guys.

Found this thread after rewording my search:

Factory vs. Synthetic OIL!
    Last edited by slavboy1; 08-22-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

I just did the 30k mile service last weekend and let me tell you...there are at least 500 different combinations out there or opinions on what to use in the transmission/rear diff. I spent too much time trying to figure out what kind of synthetic I wanted.

I wanted to go synthetic but in the end I decided to stick with the OEM Valvoline 75W90 dino oil. I hadn't had any grinding issues so why change now? Most people however seem to be happy with the synthetic but there does seem to be an overall impression that the Mobil 1 is not good for the MT case. It is supposedly too thin however a lot of people have used it in ther rear diffrential and liked it.

Whatever you use, make sure it is a GL5. Al ot of people seem to like the Redline Shockproof and I 'think' it is GL5 but I am not sure. The Royal Purple gets a lot of good feedback too. Good luck!

AAARRRGGGGGGHHH haha. It's impossible to get a deffinite answer on this i guess huh? Shoot well ok i might just end up going with dino oil.
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

I live in North Dakota, I replace all my fluids with synthetic. Dino oils do not flow at all at -40...