factory subwoofer problems

This is a discussion on factory subwoofer problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the sub that came with my car doesn't even work half the time. sometimes I will have the radio on ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs down factory subwoofer problems

the sub that came with my car doesn't even work half the time. sometimes I will have the radio on and it sounds like crap, then all of a sudden for no apparent reason the sub will come on in the middle of a song and it sounds a lot better, but then it will cut out later.. I've spent 30 minutes screwing around w/it, unpluging and pluging it back in, adjusting the gain and everything, and nothing happens, then when I least expect it it will just come back on... what's the deal? anyone else have this problem? I'm guessing a loose connection to the head unit, or a problem with the cd changer itself. this should be covered in my warranty right? should I just take it to a dealership and get it checked out? it's not reproduceable, so it may be hard to get them to fix it..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Definitely covered by warranty. Have a dealership check it out.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.