Cleaner Treatments
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cleaner Treatments within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, Im wondering what i should use to "treat" my injectors, fuel system etc. anyone done this? i know they ...

Cleaner Treatments

Hello, Im wondering what i should use to "treat" my injectors, fuel system etc. anyone done this? i know they sell all types of additives, which is best to use??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I like BG 44K.

To see an incredible range of fuel-system cleaner products, click this link:

http://www.bgprod.com/autofuel.html
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Will the ones from my local auto supply store hurt the car?
    What about Octane booster is that O.K.? Here in Cali premium gas is only 91 octane

I Support ClubWRX
    Octane booster is OK, just unneccesary if you have 91 octane and a reasonably stock car. We get 91 here as well.

I don't think any of the cleaners being sold will hurt anything. BG is sold at a lot of auto parts stores. Checker, Advance, CarQuest and Pep Boys have it for sure. AutoZone too I think.

The 44k is for occasional heavy duty cleaning. It's a good idea to run something milder a little more often too. Cosco sells Chevron Techron so thats what I use.
    Last edited by GV27; 10-16-2002 at 07:16 PM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1993 Honda CBR600F2

tan
    BG 44-K (finally someone else that has heard of it)...

best stuff you can buy, though pricey for $20 a can....still the best stuff.

I Support ClubWRX
    So do you add it to that fuel oil, or kerosene, or whatever the heck that car of yours runs on Tan?

1993 Honda CBR600F2

tan
    fuel.

I used BG 44K on my old car.

I'm waiting until I get my hands on from pure biodiesel which cleans out the fuel system anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.