Can anyone recommend a good torque wrench? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Can anyone recommend a good torque wrench? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'd have to say you pay for what you get...i went with Snap-On and haven't had a single problem...(yet)...

I'd have to say you pay for what you get...i went with Snap-On and haven't had a single problem...(yet)
    -Jordon
    New EnglandF4
    EJ257/18G 365hp/355trq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SicWRX37
    I'd have to say you pay for what you get...i went with Snap-On and haven't had a single problem...(yet)
    Just how much $ was that?

I just looked online. This is the approximate equivalent to the Craftsman I have:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Nearly 4x as much $. I know most Snap On stuff is first rate, but
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-25-2005 at 03:19 PM.

You can always go on eBay and get it half that price, but if you're not going to use it at least once a week, its not even worth it.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX

I just looked online. This is the approximate equivalent to the Craftsman I have:

Snap-On tools are basically made for techs/mechanics. Not people who wrench on rides here and there. If your gonna plan to use it all the time, not worth paying 257 dollars. Craftsman is just as good, for what he needs. I agree with you.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

If you get a Snap-on, it'll still work long after you're dead. You can count on passing it down to your son...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX

well the 3/8" torque wrench goes for around $235 and the 1/2" goes for around $265....But the good thing for me is i get a discount through my school (UTI)...I only paid $143 for the 3/8" and $158 for the 1/2"...being a technician i guess has its benefits.
    -Jordon
    New EnglandF4
    EJ257/18G 365hp/355trq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.