Brake Rotor Life?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Brake Rotor Life?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm at 68,000 miles so far on the stockers. I'm replacing them soon just in case....

I'm at 68,000 miles so far on the stockers. I'm replacing them soon just in case.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pulsing started for when i got married...ok realy at 600miles-yep. since then the stoptec have been awesome!!!

Saw the stoptech link.

Ordered the stage 2 upgrade, slots, pads, lines, fluid.

Dealer wants $681.00 for OEM rotors and pads only!
    The heck with that.
    Stoptech was 599.00 for better rotors and pads,and included the SS lines and Fluid.

WR

I just hit 22,500 miles and still have factory brakes and no problems yet... not even a squeak. When they eventually go, I'm going to upgrade to probably slotted front brakes and leave the rears factory (maybe?) since I think it's around 80% of your braking force is on the front. It's going to cost a bundle either way... so why not go with something that's better?

I sit/drive in a lot of traffic every day, so I just stay in 1st - 3rd gear and use the engine for braking purposes so that I'm not riding my brakes all the time. I'm curious to see how long my brakes do last, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123