worlds most annoying noise coming from the dash?

This is a discussion on worlds most annoying noise coming from the dash? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have had this noise for a while now and I really haven't been able to pinpoint it. Its somewhere ...

worlds most annoying noise coming from the dash?

I have had this noise for a while now and I really haven't been able to pinpoint it. Its somewhere near the driver side top dash, near that vent on top. I tried replacing the vent and that didn't solve it. I don't know if it's coming with in the dash or what. Nothing fell inside the vent or anything, it sounds like plastic/urathane vibrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i randomly punch the top of my dashboard to try to stop it lol.

Jared

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The rattle is most likely coming from the plastic clips that hold the strip that runs the top of your dash, next to the windshield. There are about 6-8 white plastic clips that hold it in place. You can just pull the strip off and glue the clips in place with silicone. Let set a bit, then replace the strip. Rattle will be all gone.

Any pictures or links to a how-to on this?

There used to be pictures with this guide. But I guess he took them down... here
    2005 CGM STi

so other people have had this same issue?

LOLZ damn dont punch that Dash too hard ahhahah

thanks i was having the same problem. i also thought that it was my vin plate

Me as well. I know it's my Vin plate on my 03 cause I can hold it down and the noise stops. I can let go and the noise begins again. My car is loud anyway, and most of the time I forget that is going on. I should take it to the dealer, and see if they will tighten it down for me.