Questions

This is a discussion on Questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am in the process of looking for a new car, its come down to 2 and one of them ...

Questions

I am in the process of looking for a new car, its come down to 2 and one of them is an 02 wrx.

I was wondering what the reliability on one is because I am going to have this car for a pretty long time and i dont wanna buy something thats gonna give me a bunch of problems or has the potential to.

I love wrx's but am affraid to buy one cause I dont know anything about them and am affraid of things that could cause problems.

So please post what you know and any answers to my questions. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sunnies can last forever if you take car of them. Just becareful you may get bit by the modding bug and then you will spend lots of money
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

I do plan on modding it, i know the mods will cost money but not generally creat problems right...?

mods

If you have an end goal in mind and don't just randomly put "modded" parts on without a purpose...and install them correctly, you'll be fine. There are many good threads here on suggested first mods and than recommended steps thereafter...and other good threads on really, not what to put on, or whats more bling, but really does nothing to enhance performance or may actually harm your car. Overall, a great and really, an inexpensive and very reliable car to get excellant power from with the appropriate mods.