AC Squeaking - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AC Squeaking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; good, if it fixes the problem come over and do mine...

good, if it fixes the problem come over and do mine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    good, if it fixes the problem come over and do mine
    Will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get the same problem too... it doesn't really do it much when the car is sitting under a tree and the engine's been kept kinda cool... but if it sits out in the sun it squeels until the engine's ran for a few seconds.

man im glad that i found this thread im having the same problem. every time i turn on my car and turn on the A/C i hear a bad squeek, but as soon as i turn if off it goes away . its hot as hell here in houston so i guess that has some thing to do with it. but im going to install new belts. any one suggest an easy way of doing this, better to ask for help than waste a whole day on changing the belts
    Thanks

Changing the belts worked for me.
    Regular pitbull with wings...

my car is fine untill i come to a stop light, after about 15 seconds of sitting there it will start squeeling soo loud.

Well after searching I found the thread that has my problem. I get the noise either cold or hot. And it will usually go away after a minute or so of having the AC running. Sometimes it will make the noise here and there after I have been driving around for a while.

I do have one question. I opened the hood and turn the car on I notice the belt on the AC turned as fast as the other belts but when the AC was turned on the belt slowed down tremendously almost came to a stop and looked like it was strugling to turn. Has anyone had anything similar to this. Is this normal?

i need help what the best and easiest way to change my a/c belt post back asap thanks

I had the same problem about a year ago. I HATE squeaks and rattles!! I fixed the problem by loosening a bolt next to the bottom pulley and then I tightened the screw near the top pulley. Turn the adjusting screw about 2-3 turns and no more squeak or whine. I run my AC almost all the time living here in Phoenix, so try it out.

-Darksaga

I have an 04 STI with 27,000 miles. I dont usually get a squeek when I turn on the ac but sometimes. But when I am driving, every 1 - 3 minutes I can hear a squeek and I lose a lot of power for a second. It almost feels like something is slipping and even if im accelerating it loses a lot of power for a second. I never have the problem unless the ac is on. Anyone know what this could be? Do you guys lose any power when it squeeks and your driving?

Quote Originally Posted by InFlamesFan
    when I am driving, every 1 - 3 minutes I can hear a squeek and I lose a lot of power for a second.
    The A/C in our cars takes ALOT of power out of the 2.0 engine. When you are driving with the A/C on the compressor cycles on and off to conserve fuel. When the compressor cycles on the car will lose power. Try driving for about 5-10 minutes with the A/C off and the vent on. Turn on the A/C and if you hear a chirping sound it's the belt slipping. Tighten up the belt and you will just lose power when the A/C is on. If you want to accelerate quickly, just turn off the A/C for extra power.

-Darksaga

Banned
    Dude I have owned two subaru's and have come to the conclution that subaru can not make cup holders and a/c'res. My 02 bug eye is doing the same thing after reading this im going to try wd40 and see if the whole thing is resolved. I hate runing the a/c becase it does drain so much power. In my 1994 gc8 wagon it felt like you lost a cylinder when you turned the danm thing on. I wish I could rid the whole system and have hot chicks wipe the sweat off me as I would gain like 40hp w/out a/c.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12