Service Manual excerpt: Periodic Maintenance
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Service Manual excerpt: Periodic Maintenance within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A lot of times you'll hear things like "15k mile service is just an oil change and air filter change". ...

I Support ClubWRX

Service Manual excerpt: Periodic Maintenance

A lot of times you'll hear things like "15k mile service is just an oil change and air filter change". Yeah, that's part of it, but there are also inspections that should be done as well.

If you're going to do your own periodic maintenance, here's how to do it right:

Periodic Maintenance PDF

Chris
    Last edited by GV27; 08-17-2003 at 10:11 AM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for that post, printing it out now.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Ditto... Mahalo!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

i would also ask your dealer for a "regional suggested maintenance schedule" i know most New England Dealers suggest other items to check and grease and maintain due to the climate. i would imagine the southern people would have something similar due to the dry/humid hotter climate.

dR

I Support ClubWRX

Better spark plug change instructions.

The instructions in the periodic maintenance section are for both the WRX and RS and kinda suck for the WRX. Here are the instructions from the DOHC (WRX) engine section:

http://home.comcast.net/~chmoore3/plugs.pdf

Be a bit careful about "regional maintenance schedule". My dealer keeps sending me emails trying to get me to do all sorts of BS and calling it "scheduled maintenance". I do do just about everything in the "expanded schedule" though. They have it broken into several driving conditions, and I just assume that mine is totally extreme conditions.
    Last edited by GV27; 12-16-2005 at 12:30 PM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1993 Honda CBR600F2

Just for added reference, here are links to the Official Subaru Service Schedules....

2002 Subarus: Federal, California.

And 2003: Federal, California.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

dude, you rock for posting that info

i'm sure tons of people have printed that pdf file already

btw, do you take request?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Service Manual

Looking for suggestions where to find the 2003 WRX Factory Service Manual on CD.

Thanks!

Registered User onearmedscissor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GV27
    The instructions in the periodic maintenance section are for both the WRX and RS and kinda suck for the WRX. Here are the instructions from the DOHC (WRX) engine section:

http://home.attbi.com/~chmoore3/plugs.pdf

Be a bit careful about "regional maintenance schedule". My dealer keeps sending me emails trying to get me to do all sorts of BS and calling it "scheduled maintenance". I do do just about everything in the "expanded schedule" though. They have it broken into several driving conditions, and I just assume that mine is totally extreme conditions.
    that link no workie for me
    still stock, hell yes.

Registered User onearmedscissor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgary
    Looking for suggestions where to find the 2003 WRX Factory Service Manual on CD.

Thanks!
    ditto, for 05.
    still stock, hell yes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedscissor
    that link no workie for me
    fixed

1993 Honda CBR600F2

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary

Thanks!

Your dealership can probably sell you the set for about $300-$400. Once you have the paper copy you can go Here and get a backup copy on CD that includes tech training resources for about $15 (in case your paper copy gets dirty!)

Quote Originally Posted by onearmedscissor
    ditto, for 05.

Your dealership can probably sell you the set for about $300-$400. Once you have the paper copy you can go Here and get a backup copy on CD that includes tech training resources for about $25 (in case your paper copy gets dirty!)

Spark plug replacement interval

Where did you get the info? Is it for an early model WRX? My 2005 service book recommends spark plug change at 60000 miles for my WRX.

Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.