CEL Issue Resolved

This is a discussion on CEL Issue Resolved within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For those who have been following and are anxious to know what happened. I just reached a settlement yesterday and ...

Talking CEL Issue Resolved

For those who have been following and are anxious to know what happened. I just reached a settlement yesterday and I faxed over my acceptance of the offer this morning.

For those who have no idea what this is about you can read the gorey details here at this post

Now for the details of what Subaru of America offered me. I must tell a little of the story before I get to the details tho. I countered the offer of the $2500 usage fee with $1880 in free options. They countered with $1000 off the $1880 plus the usage fee. I asked a few more questions about some originall options I wasn't sure my dealer had. SoA said they would look into it and get back to me the next day.

Next day comes I get my call, the local dealership has the options. SoA then goes right into a speal stating that 'in the interest of customer satisfaction' SoA is offering me a 2005 replacement vehicle and SoA will 'waive the usage fee of $2500' My service plans will be cancelled on the old vehicle and two new plans would be isued to the new car with an effective date that corresponds with the delivery date of the 2005 wagon!

I about passed out when these words came out of SoA- luckily I didn't as I was driving which would have been really bad I coudl have the car as early as tomorrow with an appointment to have the added accessories installed on the car after they are ordered.

Talk about customer service! A few things I learned/affirmed from this situation is that it pays to treat people with respect. I was nothing but nice and stated my concerns and expectations with a level head and well thought out verbage. I am sure all this was key to me getting the deal I did. So remember no matter how bad the situation sucks and how unfair you think it is. Try to keep a level head and don't rip the customer service guys head off- they have to work within a system and I can bet htey will try to help you if you don't loose your cool.

OKay enoug with the novel. Thanks to all who have contributed to the original thread and sorry for the length of this followup

SoA /5
    Power Subaru: /5
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieJeep

Talk about customer service! A few things I learned/affirmed from this situation is that it pays to treat people with respect. I was nothing but nice and stated my concerns and expectations with a level head and well thought out verbage. I am sure all this was key to me getting the deal I did. So remember no matter how bad the situation sucks and how unfair you think it is. Try to keep a level head and don't rip the customer service guys head off- they have to work within a system and I can bet htey will try to help you if you don't loose your cool.
    Exactly. Most people don't understand that you will get farther with this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Exactly. Most people don't understand that you will get farther with this approach.
    I had both the dealership and the SoA rep tell me how calm I seemed during the whole process. Little did they know I was venting to you guys and a lawyer

I just picked Junior up =D It smells so new!

Yea! You gave them what they weren't expecting.... a calm demeanor. And it definitely
    put you at an advantage