Check Engine Light After a Week????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Check Engine Light After a Week???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New to the forum, so I hope there isnít a thread about common reasons for a check engine light. I ...

Check Engine Light After a Week????

New to the forum, so I hope there isnít a thread about common reasons for a check engine light. I ran a search and really only found a couple related to modifications.

I just got my 05 WRX last week and Iíve already got a check engine light. After a relatively long trip yesterday, I got back into my car, and was greeted with the CEL. The car is running well, and the CEL is solid so I donít think itís a big deal.

I called the dealership and they said they couldnít help me till Monday, when the service department was open, but as you might imagine Iím a little concerned. The receptionist gave me the ďItís probably a lose gas cap,Ē but I donít think thatís the case, since I didnít get gas the day the CEL popped up.

So from now till Monday Iím just left guessing. I traded in my RX-8 to get the WRX, and CELís were a common occurrence in that car, but the forum I subscribed to usually had good answers.

Anybody have any educated guesses? Thanks
    Last edited by Pkskull77; 06-26-2005 at 01:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Without the code that caused the CEL there is no way to even begin to guess why it threw it. Please keep us posted as to what caused it. Sorry we can't be any more help.
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

if you cant get to the dealer, go to autozone...they will pull the code for free...let us know what it is so we can help you out
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

10 bucks says you didnt put your gas cap back on properly.

try taking it off and putting it back on and making sure that it clicks 3 times.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I'll let you know

I've got an appointment for 2:30 today, so I'll post the results.

However, I just don't think the gas cap is an issue. I checked it after the code went off, and it was tight. Furthermore, I did not get gas that day, and had driven the car several hundred miles since my last fill up.

Tumbler Malfunction

The tech said that the tumbler, which helps to increase the air coming from the air filter was throwing the code I got. He siad he has never seen the code happen before, but its not a big deal. He cleared the code, and said that if it happened again I should bring it in and he would call Subaru.

what was the code #?

Codes

To be honest with you I forgot to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkskull77
    To be honest with you I forgot to ask.
    The code might be on the service receipt they gave you... If it's not I woudl call them back to ask and make a note of it.
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.