Changed tranny and diff to REDLINE Super Mix... SWEET MOD ! ! !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Changed tranny and diff to REDLINE Super Mix... SWEET MOD ! ! ! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I keep reading about tranny's blowing up and I wanna make sure this doesnt happen to me so ...

Cool Changed tranny and diff to REDLINE Super Mix... SWEET MOD ! ! !

Hi all,

I keep reading about tranny's blowing up and I wanna make sure this doesnt happen to me so i went ahead and changed my oil early.

I changed it at 40000km VS. 72 000 as per dealer recommendations ( im in canada )

I was informed from a local Suby Gura about his special mix and love it .... (thanks derek)

Shifting is MUCH smoother and less notchy...

Also both of my oils were VERY dirty esp my rear diff... glad i didnt wait till 72 k

Here it is enjoy

1 Bottle of Redline ShockProof Lightweight
    3 Bottles of Redline 75W90NS

Rear Diff - 1 Bottle of Redline Shockproof Heavy
    Last edited by wrxhunter; 06-17-2005 at 04:38 AM.
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what is the dissadvantage of changing early? i only have 4k miles on my car and i want my redline back =( (i used to have an 02 and the shifting was a little smoother)

I asked the same question in a different thread a day or two ago and the concensus seemed to be if you drive your car hard the only disadvantage might be cost. I have 17,000 miles on my car so far and plan on changing out the tranny fluid and rear diff here pretty soon.
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

i just got my car inspected and the rear diff and front diff. fluids changed...i have 13800 in mine...they said it should be done at 30,000
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Yeah, book says change both at 30k which I will hit in another 3k miles. I plan on changing to Redline as well.

changing mine at 60k, im at 58k.. maybe thatll take another 10th of my time :-D
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

I Support ClubWRX
    Changing oil....Can that really be considered a mod?

What oils did all you guys use? I'm hearing great things about the redline stuff but its also pretty expensive considering you can buy 75w90 for 2 dollars a quart at the auto parts store.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

I found a pretty good DIY article:
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743

What's the difference between 75w90 and 75w90ns? And what other fluids are people running? Sorry for so many questions but I want to know exactly what I'm buying before I spend 40 bucks on a fluid change.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Changing oil....Can that really be considered a mod?
    If you do the mix i did it is .... Compared to stock i noticed a huge differance... im sure my tranny likes it better also
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Ok i'm SOOOO confused right now. I plan on changing all the oils in my 05 STi this thursday. I'm going with mobile 1 5W30 after 3500 miles that's not really an area of confusion for me, however, the tranny and rear diff are. I'm thinking about putting Mobile 1 Synthetic 75W90 in the tranny and the same in the rear diff. Now i've heard bad things about synthetics in the tranny do you guys agree? Most of my driving is just around town with the occasional launch (maybe 4-5 times a month at most). I plan on drag racing occasionally (1 time a month or so). Would the mobile be fine for that? Would it give me shifting issues because it's too slippery for the syncros? Should i just go with dino 75W90 oil? HELP!!! Thanks guys. And if i've missed a post about this i appologize and could you direct me to it.
    <----Yup that's ME!

Go with this.
    http://www.redlineoil.com/products_g...61&subcatID=20
    Got it and love it. Shifter a little firm when temps are below freezing but at temp you cant beat it. Just my 02

Just noticed you're in Minnesota. Might be a bit cold for the HD shockproof unless you cut it down with a lighter redline oil. My buddy just tore his tranny down out of his bronco and that lube was just hanging off every component inside. Sticky stuff. Good lube

Hmmmm so can in addition can i take that to mean you're pro synthetic? At least as far as the syncros go.
    <----Yup that's ME!

I am just from my own personal experience. Some say there's no difference if you stay up on your service intervals but you can extend that with synthetics. Then there's the cost offset argument.
    I had more syncro conflict with the subie lube. The HD smoothed it all out it seems. I like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.