Illinois Dealers/Service
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Illinois Dealers/Service within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone in the IL/Chicagoland area out there have any views on any particular dealers regarding service quality/time and dealer ...

Illinois Dealers/Service

Does anyone in the IL/Chicagoland area out there have any views on any particular dealers regarding service quality/time and dealer views on certain mods? I have been told that though dealers may not be able to tell you that your warranty is voided for certain mods, they may, however, refuse to work on your car. I guess I'm just kind of asking some basic questions, but I think we need some sort of a discussion about any particularly good dealers (or, hopefully not the case, bad dealers)... It just seems to me that for many people/applications, the service department at a dealership can really make owning a particular car very enjoyable or forgettable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think that Subaru of Schaumburg is probably pretty good. Post in the Midwest forum on i-club, a lot of those guys are from the chicago area, and they might know also. There was one on the south side of chicago that was pretty good also, but I can't remember the name of it.

tcc

I have had work done at Schaumburg Subaru, Gary Lang (McHenry) and Roto (Arlington Heights). In terms of quality of work all seem similar though I have heard from various sources that Schaumburg go through their techs very quickly and quality can be spotty.
    Don't know what their views on mods are. Schaumburg has been very accomodating with my 98 Legacy, doing work not really covered by the extended warranty.
    If you want an excellent independent Sube mechanic , see John Naltsas at Import Motors in Schaumburg. He used to work for the previous Schaumburg Subaru/Audi dealership and is one of the few certified Subaru Senior Master techs in the Chicago area.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.