Problem with seat

This is a discussion on Problem with seat within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Everytime I either slow down or speed up and my weight changes in my seat it either falls foward or ...

Problem with seat

Everytime I either slow down or speed up and my weight changes in my seat it either falls foward or back. Like something is loose or broken inside of the seat. I was rearended about a month ago and I am assumeing this is how this got broken. Is there some simple things I can check out?

I am going to try to add it to the insurance claim but I dont know if that will work out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, you really want to get that checked out and fixed. If you get into any kind of accident and your seat won't hold you still, you could get some massive injuries. The good news is that given the large amounts of force it usually takes to cause something like that to happen, I'd say it's about 99.9% certain that it was caused by your accident, and your (or the other guy's, as the case may be) insurance company will probably agree.

Get this taken care of. Don't wait.
    Russell Newquist
    http://www.russellnewquist.net/

Kartboy Shifter Bushings (front)
    Samco Intercooler Hoses
    Samco Radiator Hoses
    Samco Ancillary Hoses
    Perrin Lighweight Crankshaft Pulley
    Dynamatted Doors & Trunk
    Hawk HPS Brake Pads
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires

Originally posted by Jedi Rex
    Dude, you really want to get that checked out and fixed. If you get into any kind of accident and your seat won't hold you still, you could get some massive injuries. The good news is that given the large amounts of force it usually takes to cause something like that to happen, I'd say it's about 99.9% certain that it was caused by your accident, and your (or the other guy's, as the case may be) insurance company will probably agree.

Get this taken care of. Don't wait.
    agreed 100%. it is really unsafe, expecially with the airbag system, to not have a secure seat.

dR

check the four bolts holding the seat down on the slide track, one of mine came loose and the chair rocked, i tightened it and presto! all better

You were right. The front left bolt on the seat was loose. I actually noticed it because it came totally off. The bolt that connects it to the track, infact I think its the only bolt there, the rest are welded.

I tightened it and now I have no trouble

I had the same problem, sans the accident. Did you use thread lock when you re-tightened the bolts? If you have not, definitely do it or else...