Coonlant block drain plug location

This is a discussion on Coonlant block drain plug location within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can someone please be real specific as to where it/they are? I had tried the two 14mm hex bolt plugs ...

Coonlant block drain plug location

Can someone please be real specific as to where it/they are? I had tried the two 14mm hex bolt plugs up in front of the oil pan, but they were oil plugs. Now I'm stumped. Is it the big hex bolt plug by the driver's side head? Could they be on the back of the engine about halfway up? Those are the only plugs I've found so far...
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also, after I couldnt find the block drain plugs during a recent coolant flush, I decided to take off the hoses that come out of the therno housing to see if I could get any extra coolant out. Nothing came out of them after I had drained the coolant from the rad. plug. This seems weird to me because it seems the thermo housing is at the absolute bottom of the engine block. So whatever coolant is left inside the engine should come out there right>?
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake