Craptastic Gas Mileage - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Craptastic Gas Mileage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 05WRX0704 i dont have any mods...damn maybe the gas has something to do with it? what pressure ...

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    i dont have any mods...damn maybe the gas has something to do with it? what pressure you have your tires at?
    i try to keep both front and rear 34-36... i live in cali and we have crappy 91 octane shyt water for gas so gas cant be it...shyt i had a trip last august where my average speed was literally 110 or so and i still got 21.8 mpg lol.. its gotta be sumthing else.. i would suggest chekcing ur plugs air filter and doing an ecu reset if your milage is that bad

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tghe car has like 2k miles on it!

I Support ClubWRX
    My rex drinks fuel like an alcoholic in a beer factory. It's ok though. I didn't buy this car for fuel economy. Like stated earlier, the AWD is a large factor in what kills our mileage. Weight wise, the WRX is a little porky, and the EJ motors seem to like running pig rich.

whats the car weigh (a bit lazy to check)

3085 lb's manual

3140 auto

(sedan weights)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

wow. about 500lbs heavier than my old car with my CF hood, wing, side skirt replacements etc

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    3085 lb's manual

3140 auto

(sedan weights)
    Wow, the auto is porky

My gas mileage is pretty crappy too. And from the look of my exhaust tip, she definately runs rich. However, I didn't buy the car for gas mileage either. I have been lucky to get 300 miles to the tank...of course I haven't even broken 1000 miles yet, so who knows if the mileage will get better.

i just filled up 14.3 gallons, i ended up with 21.67 mpg for that run, but again, of the 310 miles 260+ were cruise control at 50mph.

I get right about 23-24 mpg on work and back, which is a quarter stop and go and 3 quarters interstate. On a trip I will get 28 mpg. I am stage 1. I have been pleasantly surprised up to this point. Hopefully stage 2 won't hurt that bad
    2013 WRX SWP

lucky bastards

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    i try to keep both front and rear 34-36... i live in cali and we have crappy 91 octane shyt water for gas so gas cant be it...shyt i had a trip last august where my average speed was literally 110 or so and i still got 21.8 mpg lol.. its gotta be sumthing else.. i would suggest chekcing ur plugs air filter and doing an ecu reset if your milage is that bad
    Are you sayin that goin 110 is supposed to help mileage or were you sayin you were lucky cuz you were goin 110 most of the time. But yeah I feel you on the gas tho. Im here in cali too. Cant even get 93 if you want it either. I put my tires to 40psi all around so it would help on mileage.

isnt that a bit high?

From stock through all the cobb stages I have gotton nearly the same mileage. I get between 250 and 300/tank. I don't fill up at the light, and this translates to between 19-21 mpg. It doesn't seem to matter how I drive (within reason), but I have no idea about trips because I don't use the car for that. I use my silverado (5.3l) for trips because it gets the same or better mileage, and has a bigger tank. I guess that's a pretty sad statement.
    W#0rEing posts since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Are you sayin that goin 110 is supposed to help mileage or were you sayin you were lucky cuz you were goin 110 most of the time. But yeah I feel you on the gas tho. Im here in cali too. Cant even get 93 if you want it either. I put my tires to 40psi all around so it would help on mileage.
    no im just pointing out that beyond all that i still got almost 22 mpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.