HELP car stalls out

This is a discussion on HELP car stalls out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For some reason as of late my car has had a slightly rough idle and today its started this thing ...

HELP car stalls out

For some reason as of late my car has had a slightly rough idle and today its started this thing where it will cut off once i come to a stop. its only happened 3 times today but thats too many. The car runs fine other the the rought idle (rpms go up and down by 200rmp)
    My mods are stage 2 unichip (which has been on the car for two months with no prob, down pipe, IC hose, blitz TT, and blitz cat back. Can anyone help me find the cause of this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check for vacuum or exhaust leaks.. are you running any kindve after market BOV? that would do it... if its not that then its prolly the unichip

Is it hard starting too? Could be a loose battery terminal.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

i would second the vacuum line check

I still have the stock BOV, how do i check for leaks, im kind of a newb at this so i dont know alot about fixing problems with boosted cars. any kind of walkthroughs or anything like that

all your vacuum lines is what people are referring to most of th etime when they say leak

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    all your vacuum lines is what people are referring to most of th etime when they say leak
    lol i understand that, but how to check for the leak is what im questioning

well if the line is off or has a hole in it

I Support ClubWRX
    I would say a vacuum leak coupled with AC use... I had a very small leak for a long time that I didn't know about until I turned on my AC and the car would stall....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson