Question about a squeak

This is a discussion on Question about a squeak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been hearing this squeaking noise coming from what seems to be the front right tire or that area. I'm ...

Question about a squeak

I've been hearing this squeaking noise coming from what seems to be the front right tire or that area. I'm pretty sure it's not the brake unless its rubbing because I only hear it when I start to roll in first gear, into second. Another thing is I seem to only hear it if im parallel to a wall or some cars so the sound can bounce back. I only hear it when i'm on the gas up until about 30 mph.

Any free input would be appreciated. Before I bring it to the dealer anyway.
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone?
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

hi, i have the same problem, i think, just started last week, noise stops immediately if i put on the brakes. I'll be interested to see what you find out. I'll post if I figure anything out.

I have had that squeaking noise for aobut 6 months now, though it happens the most when I am starting from first gear on a hill. It is driving me crazy and the dealer cannot replicate the problem...please if you know what it is let me know!

I took my car to dealer today re: squeak...they thought it was because I have slotted rotors???Didn't find anything else...so not alot of help.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedream
    hi, i have the same problem, i think, just started last week, noise stops immediately if i put on the brakes. I'll be interested to see what you find out. I'll post if I figure anything out.
    That would be your brake pad wear indicator. You need new front pads.

Now if I could just find out what my squeak is due to...

Sorry. I wish I could help, but I'd be shootin' in the dark. Does the squeak change as your speed changes? Like is it a rotational squeak?

It does so randomly but especially when I start on a steep hill, it usually goes until I reach 20 mph or so. Sounds like a cricket. It's pretty constant and then just stops.

I have the same problem also. I recently put on my 17x8 torques and its becoming very noticable. It becomes a complete squeal when turning and slowing down, but i notice it stops if I barely tap the brake. I'm gunna check it out tomorrow and if I figure anything out i'll let you guys know.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX
    Cobb Stage 2, Hyper Black Rota Torque's, Prodrive springs.

I have a 05 STi and I'm getting what sounds like the same squeaking noises as the rest of you guys from the front wheel/axle area. The sounds only come up between 30 to 40 mph and itís really annoying. It seems to come up after i take turns. i have no idea what it might be. I was thinking of going to the dealership and have it looked at but I'm afraid their going to blame it on my mods. I donít have much done to my car just a fuel pump, 3Ē turbo back exhaust, turbo timer, gauges and rims. They shouldnít deny me warranty work for those mods right? These mods should not affect the suspension or breaking system other then the rims which are 17Ē Rota Torque but I donít think itís the rims the cause of the problem. If anyone knows why can you let me know. thanks