alignment question

This is a discussion on alignment question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went for my 30k service and an alignment today. When I picked up the car they told me that ...

Question alignment question

I went for my 30k service and an alignment today. When I picked up the car they told me that they couldn't do the alignment because of my aftermarket axleback exhaust (Blitz). They said that it was in the way of the "alignment head eye". Am I supposed to put my stock exhaust back on for an alignment? This sounds a bit weird. Help me out guys.
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Or pay them to disasemble it for you. Usually they'll do that but it costs extra. But yeah, if it's getting in the way then that is a problem for them and they wouldn't be able to do it at their "standard rate".

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. Thanks.
    NewEngland F4
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

i dont see how your axle back coud get in the way.. the stock axleback goes thru the same exhaust tunnel.. i think they just want u to take it off so theres no warranty hassles

I Support ClubWRX
    I seriously doubt that. If it was a dealership (doesn't sound like it) they'd just come right out and say it. An independent shop wouldn't give a rat's behind about the new-car warranty.

You might also try taking it to another alignment shop. They just might be a little more creative or go about it in a slightly different way.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Actually, it was the dealer. Either way i'll get it done somehow. They're not too mod friendly and I think that they just didn't want to deal with it.
    NewEngland F4
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

Are you sure it wasn't your front spoiler in the way? Unless they have some funky, newfangled alignment machine, there's nothing in the back that goes from the left to right rear alignmnet heads. The front ones do have extensions that if obstructed prevent one from doing the alignment. Just don't want you to go through the trouble of removing your exhaust if they were BS'ing you.

Thanks for the info. They said nothing about the front of the car. They said specifically that it was my axleback that was in the way . I think that i'm going to go to exeter subaru. They're a little further away than the other dealer but they do much better work. Plus they're mod friendly. I think the other dealer just doesn't want to mess with my car cause it's modded.
    NewEngland F4
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

You're probably right. Sometimes they come up with some crazy stuff if they get the feeling that they might have the slightest bit of trouble with it.