Stuck Temp Gauge?

This is a discussion on Stuck Temp Gauge? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, yesterday i went and got gas across town, and as i was driving back, my engine temp gauge ...

Stuck Temp Gauge?

Hey everyone, yesterday i went and got gas across town, and as i was driving back, my engine temp gauge was reading at the high part of "normal" operating temp. I went and bought some antifreeze, mixed it 50-50 and filled the reservoir above the turbo, as well as the excess tank (btw both were low, and the excess tank was basicially empty. So this morning i go to work, its fine, and fine on the way back, but as i end up driving about 30 miles tonight, its back to a high operating temp. Im not sure what it is, but im guessing its a stuck temp gauge? Any other idea? Im running cobb stage 2, for about 2 months but have had no problem. Any input would be appreciated, but i will most likely take it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say about it....sorry about the long post. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Could be some air bubbles in the system. Have you drained and refilled the system lately?
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

nah, handnt touched the cooling system lately
    Took it to the dealer today, and they replaced the thermostat..and that was the problem