My hatch shock broke off!!!

This is a discussion on My hatch shock broke off!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an extended warranty and I took my wagon in for service a couple weeks ago for a creaking/rattle ...

Angry My hatch shock broke off!!!

I have an extended warranty and I took my wagon in for service a couple weeks ago for a creaking/rattle coming from the back. They said it was my aftermarket exhaust/hangers. I was like no way. Since it sounded like it was coming from the inside of my car. They changed my oil (free lifetime oil changes) and said that they adjusted the exhaust which should help the creaking. I drove away and still the creak was there. I called them and they told me it was probably still the exhaust and that I should come back on my next oil change and they'd check it out again.

Yesterday, I open my hatch and the passenger side shock pops out at the top. I check it out and the threads are stripped and it looks like I'll need a new hatch. I take it to the dealership and they agree that I'll need a new hatch since the shock thread into the hatch itself and that was stripped. They say the extended warrranty doesn't cover it.

I think it's their fault for misdiagnosing the problem in the first place. If they would have tried to solve the problem instead of blaming it on the exhaust it wouldn't have gotten this bad.

I think I'm gonna have to take it to a body shop and have them weld the hole and rethread. But I'm getting a refund on whatever is left of my extended warranty. It blows. Everytime I take the car in for something it isn't covered.

Sorry had to vent.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got a call back from the Subaru guys and they said that it could still be covered since the part that damaged the hatch was under warranty. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

Quote Originally Posted by Hah72215
    I just got a call back from the Subaru guys and they said that it could still be covered since the part that damaged the hatch was under warranty. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Me too
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a question...the shocks on my hatch seem okay (this is the first time I've ever owned a wagon/hatchback vehicle) and wanted to know if the passenger side shock was supposed tohave a bit of play (wiggle) because the driverside shock seemed to be solid while the passenger side wiggled just a bit.

Also, can anyone take pics of their hatch shocks for me?

Thank you.