ss lines

This is a discussion on ss lines within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i'm going to install brake pads/rotors/stainless steel lines i have done all before except the lines. Are they very ...

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar

ss lines

so i'm going to install brake pads/rotors/stainless steel lines
    i have done all before except the lines. Are they very hard to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nah it's pretty simple. make sure you have a helper to bleed the brakes afterwards or get a set of speedbleeders.

Be sure to get a Flair Nut wrench for the brake line nuts 10mm

I just did this yesterday. I used these directions and it took me about 3 1/2 hours (solo), including completely flushing the brake fluid. I second the Speedbleeders. $28 a set is a good investment. Also have at least one big spray can of brake cleaner. I completely emptied one, and I would have liked a little more. And a couple of old towels, 'cause that brake fluid gets everywhere, and it makes everything really slippery.
    I was a little worried going in, but it really wasn't bad. You're basically doing the same thing four times, so after the first "try-out" it gets easier. Because front and back are slightly different, do one end at a time, not one side.
    And the 10mm flare nut wrench is MANDATORY (even if it is $13)! Mess up that nut and you're in it up to your neck...
    Best of luck.