RENICK Subaru SSUUCCKKSS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RENICK Subaru SSUUCCKKSS within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 30,000 Mile maintenance-initial quote-8(no extras, just the recommended maint.). If you're in the area, go to Irvine, otherwise Costa Mesa. ...

RENICK Subaru SSUUCCKKSS

30,000 Mile maintenance-initial quote-$998(no extras, just the recommended maint.). If you're in the area, go to Irvine, otherwise Costa Mesa. They don't shouldn't charge more than 500. I never thought the service dept. could scre# you harder than a car salesman, so watch out folks.
    RENICK

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    do you have any mods?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRun
    30,000 Mile maintenance-initial quote-$998(no extras, just the recommended maint.). If you're in the area, go to Irvine, otherwise Costa Mesa. They don't shouldn't charge more than 500. I never thought the service dept. could scre# you harder than a car salesman, so watch out folks.
    RENICK
    I go to renick, but haven't hit 30,000 miles yet... $998 does seem pretty steep.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

who would even pay 500 bucks? do the **** yourself! damn thats a total waste of money.

sht
    whoa i got 28k i need to know how much everyone paid please
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

i wouldnt pay more than the cost of fluids and parts, and do everything else myself.

sht
    Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    i wouldnt pay more than the cost of fluids and parts, and do everything else myself.

but if something happens could they void your warranty? if they cant i would love to due it myself
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

no. the yhave to prove whatever you did caused the problem. and routine maintance is specifically covered in things you can do. otherwise you would ALWAYS have to get your oil changed at the dealer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    who would even pay 500 bucks? do the **** yourself! damn thats a total waste of money.
    For real. The 30k service isn't too tough to do yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    do you have any mods?
    nope no mods, just wheels and rims.

I know I COULD do it myself, but it would probably turn into a fiasco that lasts all weekend or longer. I just replaced the front rotors and pads and blead all the corners this past weekend, and people say brakes are easy, but not if you've never done it before, and you dont have all the "right" tools. I would Love to be able to do the maintenance myself, but "easy," I've come to realize, is a relative term.

Just wanted to give a heads-up to people in the SoCal area-$998= too much=shop around.

I think the 30k maintenance was the first thing I have really ever done on a car besides oil change and it was pretty easy, fuel filter was the worst problem I had

Timmons charges about half that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Timmons charges about half that.
    Half what?

I paid around $450 for mine here in Massachusetts. That includes an alignment too.
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

wow. i cant believe you guys dont do the stuff yourself. you must make a lot of money because 400-1000 dollars is entirely too much for me, all weekend or not. bless your paychecks for those of you not in the military i guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.