scratching noise

This is a discussion on scratching noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; basicly i hear a metal to metal scratching noise when i drive and it;s all the time, not upon braking.. ...

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar

Red face scratching noise

basicly i hear a metal to metal scratching noise when i drive and it;s all the time, not upon braking.. .so I know it's not the wear sensors, like most of you may have thought upon reading this.... i have had people drive next to me and we have narrowed it down to the passenger rear wheel...ti sounds like a rock or something is stuck on the backing plate and touching the rotor,,,sound occurrs after 20mph and 40mph if i drive any faster the sound goes away...my brakes are fine....i can stop perfect,,,just annoyed at this mystery noise..tomorrow i am goign to take off the wheel and inspect and look for signs of abrasion and suchness...althouh my street that i live on was repaved and for about 4 days i had to drive on loose gravel...i drove slow over it though i think some gravel/tar may be causing this headache

any comments appreciated..i'll let ya know what 'i find

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my wear sensor made noise all the time when my rear pads had worn all the way down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Debris causing the noise would be a simple explanation and fix; a wheel bearing is another possibility but not likely at this point.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.