Warranty Voided?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Warranty Voided? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My transfer case just took a dump at 45.9k miles. Does a catback and a cold air intake void my ...

Warranty Voided?

My transfer case just took a dump at 45.9k miles. Does a catback and a cold air intake void my 5year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty? The powertrain warranty is standard right? My mechanic thought it may have been an optional warranty. The Subaru dealership replaced my tranny and from the looks of it opened my transfer case at 36.7k miles. The service repair came with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on the work, I just recently passed the 12,000 mile mark by 100+ miles.

Am I screwed or will Subuaru cover the transfer case?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I really have no idea, but I've heard it's a good idea to go back to stock prior to bringing it in to the dealer.

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    my experience seems to change from dealership to dealership. cai and cat back probably wont void it but then again theyre not hard to swap back to stock either.

my vote is no, it wont, but i personally would change back to stock cause i wouldnt want to pay for that isht if i didnt have to.
    woooo

it will depend on the dealership. best thing to do is replace your aftermarket stuff with stock stuff (intake and exhaust) and remove anything that may let the dealer think it has been modded and raced. Subaru can technically say warranty is void if you have changed the exhaust and intake, but if the stock stuff is back on, you may be able to get away with it. it will largely depend on the dealer. may want to call a couple places before actually taking it though because if you take it somewhere with the aftermarket stuff still on, they may tag your VIN in the Subaru system letting Subaru know your car has had aftermarket stuff on it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.