Subaru Monrovia SUCKS!

This is a discussion on Subaru Monrovia SUCKS! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So this is what happened... I have a blue 2005 STI and I took my car today to Subaru Monrovia ...

Angry Subaru Monrovia SUCKS!

So this is what happened... I have a blue 2005 STI and I took my car today to Subaru Monrovia for an oil change, check on my driver's side door panel (panel doesn't clip on the bottom), fix the gasket between the STI wing and the trunk (is coming out from the passenger's side), and replace the plastic molding (flare) that's on top of the rear wheel on the driver's side (only on the 2005 model). So this dealer has only ONE WOMAN that is suppose to be the "service advisor"... not that I have anything against women, but this one is a retarded woman. So everything was fine until she told me that they couldn't replace the plastic molding (although I BOUGHT the replacement already and its in the parts department) because they "don't deal with anything that is exterior on the car" and according to her they "only deal with the engine."

So I complained about the rear wing and this is what she said:
    "Did you buy this aftermarket?"
    ME - "No... this came with the STI. ALL STIs come with this wing."
    "I don't think so. I saw an STI at the showroom and it had a smaller wing."
    ME - I gave her the WTF look...

Anyways... I think they managed to fix the gasket problem on the wing but they still refuse and INSIST that their dealer doesn't do anything on the exterior. She even told me to take it to a body shop to get it replaced. I was like "but its just a clip on with double sided tape. This is the original part that comes with the car, why would you guys not be able to fix it?" and she continues to insist that they "don't work on anything that is outside of the car." The most stupid part was when she actually called a mechanic and asked him if they could replace it... to my surprise, the mechanic said the same sh!t... UNBELIEVABLE!

After that, I called Subaru Long Beach and told the service guy what my problem with Subaru Monrovia was... the guy totally laughed his ass off and said that it was ridiculous. He said that they'll fix it for me...

I am VERY PISSED OFF about this incident and I really feel the urge to report this to someone cause I think that its completely ridiculous for them to tell me to go to a body shop when its not even needed, its just a plug and play piece from the manufacturer!

FCUK SUBARU OF MONROVIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

reoport them to SOA (subaru of america)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    reoport them to SOA (subaru of america)
    I really want to... how do I do it?

call up a random subaru dealer and ask for SOA number, if long beach is fixing it for you i'd ask them. I'm sure they'll be happy to help since its against a diffirent dealership.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

1-800-subaru3
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Quote Originally Posted by djrez4
    1-800-subaru3
    I'm definitely calling tomorrow... their service is just ridiculous and its not cool for a +$33K car.

[QUOTE=thsiaoo So I complained about the rear wing and this is what she said:

You have to be kidding? I would have walked out right then and there. They have no right being in business if this is what she said. Report them to SOA!
    LISC # 35

[QUOTE=skafish][QUOTE=thsiaoo So I complained about the rear wing and this is what she said:

You have to be kidding? I would have walked out right then and there. They have no right being in business if this is what she said. Report them to SOA![/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

The dealer has to be able to service anything they sell in order to remain a dealer for that brand! This place sounds like a joke. Anything that came stock on the car should be repaired by them with no hassle. Never go back to that dealer and definitely call SOA and report this. No excuse for turning away work. WHy are you buying a part whne you are under warranty???? Get your money back for it and get the other dealer to fix/replace it under warranty for you. My dealer didn't say a word when I came in with 35,500 with a window sealing problem. They fixed it no questions asked as they should.

I called and complained already ... but what can Subaru of America do when someone complains anyways?

Anthony Cano @ Timmons Subaru in Long Beach = best Service Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Anthony Cano @ Timmons Subaru in Long Beach = best Service Manager.
    He's cool... the only thing I don't like about Timmons is that the "service area" is so damn small for Subaru... and freakin VW has an enormous waiting area for their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by thsiaoo
    He's cool... the only thing I don't like about Timmons is that the "service area" is so damn small for Subaru... and freakin VW has an enormous waiting area for their customers.
    This should tell you something about the reliability of Subaru vs VW!