CEL= Misfire only 3 others in the country! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL= Misfire only 3 others in the country! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Aronicon last week everyone was there by 7 or 730. things start jumpin at around 8. Note ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aronicon
    last week everyone was there by 7 or 730. things start jumpin at around 8.
    Note to self... not sure what car I will be in but I will try to make it... maybe I will take my jeep out of the cob webs and give her a spin out there...
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Canadian Scooby's Avatar

WRX in the shop

Local dealer has the car for past 3 days - sound like they're about to take the engine apart. I think I'm going to stop by at lunch to see how things are going.

going to talk to the dealership to day.. good luck

So the Customer Service guy I was suppsed to talk to today never made the call. I think I'm going to talk to a lawyer to see if I have a case, which I think I do.. this is crap!
    Last edited by BarbieJeep; 06-12-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Sorry it's a novel again- but it's juicy stuff!

Here are some more updates about the situation with Ralph!

So I was given the name and number of a customer service guy to call, which I guess is the next level above the dealership. I talk to him and tell him that my expectation is that I would be put into a similar car, be it a 2004 or 2005 at no charge and that since the dealership already made the offer of refunding me the price of my extended warranty and my service plan that I felt I should still be entitled to this refund. His response to getting me into a similar car is that they would be charging me a useage fee for the swap, not sure if this was for the time I owned the car and miles added to the car since I bought it, I honestly didn't ask about this option as it was unnaceptable to me. His response to the refund on the two plans was that this offer was only if I kept the car. (tangent- well I would keep the car if it wasn't defective and this whole thing has been a HUGE hassle- does that count for anything?)

After this call to Subaru I mentioend to the dealership my converstaion and reiterated my expetations to the dealership. After hearing this the General Manager and he would like to set up a conference call with me and the Customer Service guy at Subaru.

So lets fast forward to the afternoon of the conference call. A few things make me uncomfortable about my little meeting with the general manager.

I start talking with the manager I mention that the situation is similar to buying a peice of electronic equipment with the extra warranty you can buy- if they can't fix it after a few times they replace it at no charge to the customer- same idea if you remove the huge cost differnece between the two items- his response to this is that, and mind you he thought a little while before he responded to this, he said well that is a (long pause) a conusmers way of thinking about the issue. And that if you had an ipod or vcr that the business wouldn't just replace an item at no charge after a year of owning said device- funny he should mention the iPod- I had mine replaced at no charge after owning it for a year for a broken headphone jack no questions asked, no out of pocket expense!

He then goes on to tell me a story about some guy who was bringing in his car for an over-heating oil pan and that he was claiming the lemon law. One of the last techs to look at the car noticed a heat spot on the oil pan, at this point I'm thinking he is NOT insinuating what I think he is, that I am purposefully doing something ot the car to make it misfire, he then says that in trial it was found out that.. he interupts his story to tell me he is not insinuating I am sabatoging my car, my reply is good becuase I was wondering where you were going with this story. Baiscally this person was causing the damage and he was found out in court to be at fault.

During our converstaion the statement was also made that I was probably not a genius when it came to car engines- my reply was that i'm probably not but I feel I am a little more knowledgeable than most people. Little does he know that I helped to reuild from scratch 2 air cooled VW engines and that I my Dad is a mechanic with more experience fixing cars than I've been alive! So I have a fairly good bank of knowledge to pull from!

The more I think about it the more I feel like I was subtley being insulted. I just wish I had called him on some of it, it's just at the time I felt it wasn't worth it.. oh well.

Anyways thats the story so far. I have also had some converstions that are going to put some things in motion that will help my case and hopefully resolve the situation!

Tha saga continues- I will keep ypu all posted!

I am sure you know more about engines than the General Manager. I am sorry to hear about all of the crap going on with trying to get this situation resolved. I spoke to my owner the other day about it and we are going to talk to our regional rep on Monday about how it should be handled, both by the dealership and Subaru.

Once I can get more details on exactly how it should be handled, i will email you from work on monday afternoon. It sounds like that GM isnt handling it like he should..either he is trying to make a little more money on the deal somehow, trying not to lose money (not sure how the costs are split up or if Subaru eats the whole amount), or he is just not good at this type of situation..or an informed customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    I am sure you know more about engines than the General Manager. I am sorry to hear about all of the crap going on with trying to get this situation resolved. I spoke to my owner the other day about it and we are going to talk to our regional rep on Monday about how it should be handled, both by the dealership and Subaru.

Once I can get more details on exactly how it should be handled, i will email you from work on monday afternoon. It sounds like that GM isnt handling it like he should..either he is trying to make a little more money on the deal somehow, trying not to lose money (not sure how the costs are split up or if Subaru eats the whole amount), or he is just not good at this type of situation..or an informed customer.
    To be honest I am not sure where this GM stands on the situation- at one point I really felt like he was on my side- I think on some level he is, he maybe just handeled the situation on Friday poorly. The first time I heard about this usage fee was from the Customer service guy at the 800 number they gave me- he is probablyl the one who dosen't want to loose on the deal.

I also know the dealership doesn't want Ralph because of the check engine light- I don't blame them. So that could be a factor in all this crap going on.

*subbing* for updates.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teep
    *subbing* for updates.

-tp
    None just yet... as soon as I have an update I will let you guys know,... I just want this to be over with =/ hehe

Update- Finally

I talked with Subaru they are offering me a 2005 for $2,500. And possibly some assistance for some extras I want to add on.

Here is the list of extra's:
    Rear bumper cover
    Short throw shifter
    Exhaust
    Autodim with Homelink
    Rubber mats
    Turbo booost guage

Other than being able to see the boost of the turbo what other purpose does the boost guage have, what benefits are there to having one? Not sure I want this I am just curious to be able to see the pressure and to have one.

I was also thinking abotu getting a sun roof too.. not sure on this one either.

just a random out of the blue question, ever see an asian kid walking around looking bored or what not whenever u stop by the dealership?

that'll be me
    [-victor-]

boost guage helps with mods too, see if you are spiking, or hitting target boost as well. I wonder why they are charging your 2500dollars. could that be the amount of money they pocket on each car they sell, and they get theirs for free from Subaru? I dunno, just putting it out there. btw I did not know they offered sun roofs on wagons/sedans, awesome
    Meow listen here!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronicon
    boost guage helps with mods too, see if you are spiking, or hitting target boost as well. I wonder why they are charging your 2500dollars. could that be the amount of money they pocket on each car they sell, and they get theirs for free from Subaru? I dunno, just putting it out there. btw I did not know they offered sun roofs on wagons/sedans, awesome
    Thanks for the info on the boost guage. They have to order it along with the short throw. I found out they don't offer a factory sunroof and they can't put the performance suby exhaust on the wagon The service manager asked around and the only exhaust he could find was a turbo back, which he said would void my warranty If anyone has info that would prove him wrong I am interested in hearing about it. I really want to hear the throatyness of the engine I love it!

They actually waived the $2500 in the interest of customer satisfaction or something like that and all I had to pay for are the options I want added to the car. So I am in a 2005 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznbro
    just a random out of the blue question, ever see an asian kid walking around looking bored or what not whenever u stop by the dealership?

that'll be me
    Hehe you must be pretty good at laying low, I don't recall seeing you. Ever see me when I have stoped by the dealership? Next time I am there I will look for you.

So since you are on the inside, can you tell me what the dealership folks are saying about my situation and the solution. I am curious to get the fly on the wall take on this. Any info you want to throw my way would be very much appriciated.

How do you like working there?

eh, im a lot boy so its not a very fun job. but i've seen ur car in many many times. i could snoop around every here and there just to find out wats goin on. i would be pissed too if my car was in the shop for long periods of time, i cant stand driving any other car than my own. im in tuesday through saturdays in the mornings , i guess ill walk up front more often now
    [-victor-]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast