CEL-ECU Reset
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL-ECU Reset within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an AEM CAI and a Blitz Dual TT. A few thousand miles after install the CEL came on. ...

CEL-ECU Reset

I have an AEM CAI and a Blitz Dual TT. A few thousand miles after install the CEL came on. Took it back to dealer (with mods no problem They said "we have to have the ECU re-programmed" but there was nothing actually wrong, still was covered under warranty so I let them do it. Came back no more CEL.

Now at least 6000 miles later it came on again last night, I figured it was still just a bug and I did not want to get stuck driving a land yacht rental, so I reset the ECU. No more CEL but now you guys have me worried about running to lean and stuff.
    What should I do?

Don't tell me to re-instsall the stock airbox, I know the CAI is useless but it looks and sounds so cool

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the problem still exists, the CEL will come back.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

AEM CAI

Get your OBD-II code pulled, and if it's because of the MAF sensor, then I think AEM makes a intake pipe reducer. But it's a shot in the dark until you get your code pulled...

B

Get a code reader. I got this one and it works great - does some data logging too.

http://www.obd-2.com/

It also means you can clear the code WITHOUT resetting the ECU and any funky stuff the ECU has 'learnt' about your driving.

I live in St Louis - so I picked mine up from the guy, he is a decent bloke and knows his stuff.

Cheers,

Andrew

CEL LIGHT

go to autozone or some auto parts shop to have ur code read..

it might be the mass air flow sensor..

if u need to reset it urself...

turn the car on
    and turn it off do this about 3-5 times.. the check engine light will go off..
    Last edited by 20wrx02; 12-13-2005 at 08:40 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Be aware that you need to pull the code BEFORE you reset the ECU. Otherwise it is lost.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.