Maintaince records? plz help me out!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Maintaince records? plz help me out! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys so i just got a deal on a 2002 black wrx. with 25k miles on it for 14500...The ...

Maintaince records? plz help me out!

Hey guys so i just got a deal on a 2002 black wrx. with 25k miles on it for 14500...The only thing is it doesnt have any service records and it doesnt have the owners manual. So i dont know when the oil was changed so im thinging about changing.. the oil...coolant and other fluids and just starting off fresh so ill atleast know when it was done and wht was put in. Also id love to hear wht oils coolants tranni fluids you guys reccomend. And wht other fluids should i be checking out. I look in the collant tank and it is almost empty is this bad? wish i had a dam manual for it...Thanks for the help guys
    Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cmon guys no one has any advice on wht i should do...Sumone surely has to have sum ideas here help m eout plz
    Pete

I Support ClubWRX
    Start by ordering an owners manual from SubaruParts.com. Thec scour the Internet for the service manual in electronic form.

I wouldn't worry about slightly low coolant in the overflow tank. But I would change it - it is certainly past due if its never been done before.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for the periodic maintenance section of the service manual. Then search for recommendations on fluids. Esp. the Powertrain forum for gear oils. Here are some fluid recommendations. Some might argue about which is "best" but I think everyone would agree that these are near the top:

Oil: Mobil 1 5w-30 or Redline 5w-30
    Oil Filter: Purolator PureOne
    Tranny and diff: Redline 75w90NS
    Coolant: Antifreeze + Redline (or similar) Water Wetter.
    Brake Fluid: ATE Super Blue or Valvoline SynPower
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

thank you alot dude thats a big help. Im gunna try and do an oil change today. Should i really mess with brake fluid?...As for the collant it isnt low its past the L mark on the resevoire by the radiator
    pete

Congrats on buying the vehicle, good luck!!

Service Manual excerpt: Periodic Maintenance

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.