Do WRX's A/C suck ? Or am I crazy ? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Do WRX's A/C suck ? Or am I crazy ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; its gonna be 107 today...should i even bother turning my ac on? mine gets cold-ish...but it just feels like it ...

its gonna be 107 today...should i even bother turning my ac on? mine gets cold-ish...but it just feels like it should get colder, i dont know. glad to see im not the only one. even w/ a 10 minute drive from work to home im still startin to get sweaty by the time i pull in the driveway, even w/ my ac on full blast. and if you stop at the store or somthing, forget it. you'll never get the car cooled back down again. i think im gonna buy an water injection system and install it just at the vent openings

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    its gonna be 107 today...should i even bother turning my ac on? mine gets cold-ish...but it just feels like it should get colder, i dont know. glad to see im not the only one. even w/ a 10 minute drive from work to home im still startin to get sweaty by the time i pull in the driveway, even w/ my ac on full blast. and if you stop at the store or somthing, forget it. you'll never get the car cooled back down again. i think im gonna buy an water injection system and install it just at the vent openings

funny you should mention that. I'm actually building one for my intercooler and I was thinking of installing an extra solenoid to let me spray the A/C radiator as well.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

EDDIE ACARDIE SUBARU OF FT. LAUDERDALE SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Picked up my car today for the 5th time !!!!! Temps before going in 54-59 degrees. They said they evacuated the system, recharged, tested, everything A-OK !!! I get in the car, temps? 54-59 degrees !! Although they were nice enough to tell me "my guage reads 4 degrees high, my downpipe adds 5 degrees, it's working correctly... lots of excuses. My A/C is exactly the same as it was when I took it in. He said I can bring it back, I said I will never bring it there again !!! I asked him to look up the TSB's he said he has no way to do that !!! So, I guess my next step is to call Subaru and see what they want me to do. This sucks !!! Even when it's at it's best 54 degrees , I am still sweating !!! It's barely woth turning on . Is there anyway for me to look up he tsb's online ? Jerry
    p.s. I also reminded them the first 4 times it was in, the downpipe was not on there !

Quote Originally Posted by jbreddawg
    I got my car with 6000 miles on it. I live in hot and humid so.florida . I didn't think the a/c was good enough , cycled on and off ALOT !! , blows cool,then sorta cool. Took it to the dealer they said bad hose and replaced it . Still feels the same, 5 days later I take it back and tell them it sucks, after checking it out for a day, they say it's fine no problems found. I can't believe this is as good as it gets !! I waited two months and took it again yesterday. Picked it up today, they tell me " no problems ! " Needless to say at this point I'm pissed !! I get the service writer to sit in it with the thermometer, my car reads coolest while sitting in the shade for 20 minutes was 44 degrees, and would go up to 49 degrees when the compressor kicked off " alot !! " then we went and sat in a STI they had in for service, it read 40 degrees !!! and never budged !!! I keep telling them it's not right, they keep saying it's fine !!! What do I do ??? How are your a/c's ?? they say they can't fix it if it doesn't have a problem !!! I love my car !!! what do I do ?? Any advice would be greatly appreiated !!!! Thanks, Jerry
    I have this exact same problem.

I'm in south florida too and I rarely use my AC. I like to drive with the windows down. When I do use my AC it blows cold immediately and cools the car down very very quickly. If I had to guess, I would assume yours may have a problem. Where in south florida are you located? Maybe you can check out my A/C (if you know what I'm talking about)...That's my new line at the bars...think it will work?

btw...I have 20% tint on my windows and 5% on the rear windshield...may play some sort of role in the fact that my AC is performs well

I too have dark tint I ould only imagine what it would be like if I didn't !! I live in deerfield bch and would love to check out your a/c sometime !! Send me an email when you can and we can hookup. Thanks !! Jerry
    Ramoomoo@aol.com

i usually just roll down all 4 when im cruising...its like a wind tunnel (+ i listen to my exhaust)

i avoid using the ac for gas mileage purposes as well...

btw...when you turn the knob to blue (i have an 02 wrx) but do not turn on the AC, is it taking in air from outside? what if you turn on the fan, still no AC button, what is it doing?

I live in Oregon, you would think that there would be little need for the AC, but when I do, god dam does it suck all the life out of the powerband! What can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeTTS
    I live in Oregon, you would think that there would be little need for the AC, but when I do, god dam does it suck all the life out of the powerband! What can you do?

move to Alaska?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I guess so, but the commute would be a pain! I appreciate the suggestion.

I have a 05. Mine seems to work prity good. When I get out of my car my glasses fog up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.