changed my spark plugs now car runs like poop
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on changed my spark plugs now car runs like poop within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i changed my spark p[lugs and now my car runs like a honda civic no throttel responce and its ...

changed my spark plugs now car runs like poop

well i changed my spark p[lugs and now my car runs like a honda civic no throttel responce and its all jumpy and just ...bad what the hell did i do wrong? the only thing mabye i mixed up the coil pods? would that do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by azerpmi
    well i changed my spark p[lugs and now my car runs like a honda civic no throttel responce and its all jumpy and just ...bad what the hell did i do wrong? the only thing mabye i mixed up the coil pods? would that do it?
    Im betting you mixed up the coilpacks. I changed mine awhile back, and my buddy mixed up the coilpacks while I was doing something else. I started the car and it was horrible, wanted to die. Then I realized he had mixed up the coil packs and it was only running on 2 cylinders. Switched them around and back to normal.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Quote Originally Posted by DEADPOOL
    Im betting you mixed up the coilpacks. I changed mine awhile back, and my buddy mixed up the coilpacks while I was doing something else. I started the car and it was horrible, wanted to die. Then I realized he had mixed up the coil packs and it was only running on 2 cylinders. Switched them around and back to normal.
    isa there a way to find out which ones go where thats def. what happened. or do i gota try 16 differnet combos

and is my car safe to drive like it is now? its fine as long as i dont drive it hard....its like midnight here and if i have to switch those out tonight id like to get started sooon i just hope theres an easy way to see where each coil goes

isa there a way to find out which ones go where thats def. what happened. or do i gota try 16 differnet combos
    Well im running a JDM engine, so im not sure if the color system is the same as to which goes where. But try this.....

You should have a black and white plug on either side of the engine. The black goes to one plug, white to the other. Same for the other side of the engine. Now the white's will both be on the same side (front or back of engine) and vice versa for the black.

I can't recall if the black plugs are to the front, or the white ones. So just try both ways and see which works.

and is my car safe to drive like it is now? its fine as long as i dont drive it hard....its like midnight here and if i have to switch those out tonight id like to get started sooon i just hope theres an easy way to see where each coil goes
    I would suggest not driving it at all since the firing order is messed up because of it

Well im running a JDM engine, so im not sure if the color system is the same as to which goes where. But try this.....

You should have a black and white plug on either side of the engine. The black goes to one plug, white to the other. Same for the other side of the engine. Now the white's will both be on the same side (front or back of engine) and vice versa for the black.

I can't recall if the black plugs are to the front, or the white ones. So just try both ways and see which works.
    wait so what about the piece that actaully plugs into the spark plug does that make a difference which order they go in

im talkin about the coil packs, does it matter which side/place they go in

wait so what about the piece that actaully plugs into the spark plug does that make a difference which order they go in
    The coilpack itself doesnt make the difference, it's the plug that plugs into it. The piece that plugs into the coil pack is a white plug, and a black plug for the other one on the same side.

The coilpack itself doesnt make the difference, it's the plug that plugs into it. The piece that plugs into the coil pack is a white plug, and a black plug for the other one on the same side.
    alright well i just checked that and their in the right spots, white in front black in back any ideas why its running like crap? the only other mod i did today was take out the intke silencer and add on that elbow that connects the filter box with the ram air so theres no gap that wouldnt cause all those mis fires though, what could be goin on? i put in the subaru plugs i got from the dealer there ngx g6 or something

alright well i just checked that and their in the right spots, white in front black in back any ideas why its running like crap? the only other mod i did today was take out the intke silencer and add on that elbow that connects the filter box with the ram air so theres no gap that wouldnt cause all those mis fires though, what could be goin on? i put in the subaru plugs i got from the dealer there ngx g6 or something
    Well im not sure if the whites are in the front, it could be the opposite way around.

Well im not sure if the whites are in the front, it could be the opposite way around.

ill give that a shot thanks for your help bro

if anyone knows for sure white in front or back let me know!!

try calling a dealership, or a mechanic, geez...

sure you don't have them swapped left/right also or are the wires different lengths? cause apparently if its not working white-front/black-rear, try changing it to white-rear/black-front..
    Dave
    01 RS

you could have just got a bad plug, it happens, they can be cracked sometimes from being dropped or something, or the gap could be off, or something got sucked in when you did the delete and fouled a plug, which if something is off, you might want to get new plugs already anyways, cus you could have fouled them if it isnt running right... or like the one time when I was adjusting the carburator on my camero and it stalled and wouldnt restart, the ignition shorted out at the same time, so it was totally unrelated...
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    try calling a dealership, or a mechanic, geez...

sure you don't have them swapped left/right also or are the wires different lengths? cause apparently if its not working white-front/black-rear, try changing it to white-rear/black-front..
    yeah so i switched out the white and black and i had it right before because the other way around it wouldnt start

so im goin to a dealer tommorw

its probobly a bad wire or sensor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.