1 Quart every 1,000 miles?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1 Quart every 1,000 miles? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had my oil changed about 1500 miles ago at my local dealership. I checked it today and I was ...

1 Quart every 1,000 miles?

I had my oil changed about 1500 miles ago at my local dealership. I checked it today and I was a quart low. I called the dealership asking why. He told me that Subaru says that the WRX can be as low as a quart low after 1,000 miles. I have never had a car that burns this much oil let alone a brand new one. I ran a Toyota pick up for 120k and never burned oil.

Has anyone else had this experience?
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think all dealers give you the 1000 miles per quart garbage. I had a 2000 Honda Prelude that drank oil like that. The Honda dealer said 1000 miles per quart was acceptable, but tried twice to fix the issue. Both attempts failed. Their answer after that was sell it or trade it in. So I did.

I did a lot of research into whether the WRX was known for consuming oil before buying mine. I found nothing indicating it did. You might want to send in an oil sample for analysis to http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ They may be able to pinpoint any trouble.

Perhaps if there was some definitive proof something was wrong the dealer will try to remedy the problem. Good luck - I know what you are going through!

My WRX uses no noticeable amount of oil between changes.

My bad. I started the engine this morning. Saw white smoked that smelled a little strange. Didn't warm it up in fear of doing damage running without enough oil. Checked the oil and it was way low. I added the oil, the smoke went away. Then I checked the oil again and I'm a quart too high. Brought it into the dealership. The took out a little oil. End of story. I'm an idiot. Well not really. The smoke was from condensation. The low oil reading was from not warming the engine.

He did still say that the turbos will use more oil that the non-turbos.

Thanks for reading and sorry to waste the space.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.