car not starting 100% of the time
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on car not starting 100% of the time within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So... I was cleaning my interior with the music on and the car died. Weird! It even went into valet ...

Exclamation car not starting 100% of the time

So... I was cleaning my interior with the music on and the car died. Weird! It even went into valet mode somehow. About 30 minutes later it started right up. The next morning same thing, started right up.. drove to work, drove home 9 hours later, and drove again the next morning.. no problems!

Friday I parked the car in the garage and didnt drive it all weekend.... Monday morning rolled around and dead car. Jumped it and another week went by with no problems. Again, the car sat in the garage all weekend with no start and again this morning It wouldnt start and i had to jump it.

Took it to advance auto parts, the guy tested it but it came back saying to recharge battery and try again.. it wasnt reading enough juice I guess. Additionally the alternator was only generating 55wats. He said this was maybe normal b/c the battery wasn't fully charged.

Im at a loss at the moment. Im going to take the battery in tomorrow and let them charge and retest it. Has anyone had similar experiences to save me some hassle or does anyone maybe have an idea to get me started?

Thanks!!
    '04 WRX --- SOLD
    '05 STi --- SOLD

'05 H3
    '05 Jeep Wrangler
    '94 Supra
    SP61 Single Turbo ++
    Under construction

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you might have a parasitic drain- a light left on or a wire grounding out that is slowly draining the battery when its left for a while.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I was having similar problems and it wound up that at least one or two of the battery cells were gone on the stock one.
    It was a good excuse to shed 20lbs up front with a Hawker Odyssey pc680MJT. No problems starting anymore.
    It might be a good idea to turn the ignition key to on but not actually start it until you hear the fuel pump shut off. By priming the system my car rarely hesitates when starting, even with a small light battery.

check the remote wire on your amp and make sure that it is shutting off like its supposed to. That is if you have subs.
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.