Big Problems after Turbo Timer Install....HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Big Problems after Turbo Timer Install....HELP!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, along with the help of PoorAssRacing I today installed my new Blitz Fatt DC TT. We followed directions printed ...

Big Problems after Turbo Timer Install....HELP!!!

So, along with the help of PoorAssRacing I today installed my new Blitz Fatt DC TT. We followed directions printed off of ScoobyMods to the "T" and even used Chris's car as comparison as he has the same TT.

After install was complete I lef my house to go pick someone up and found that a variety of problems had arisen:
    1) E-Brake light will not shut off
    2) ABS Warning light is on
    3) Check Engine light is on (AccessPort will not read what code is)
    4) Speedometer does not work (Tach, Engine Temp and Fuel level works fine)
    5) Odometer shows current mileage on car but does not work otherwise.....drove several miles without it going up

At first, on my way to Boulder, the car seemed to be in limp mode or something like that......stuttered under boost after 4000 RPM, like a fuel cut. I got it home, removed entire TT install, put everything back the way it was, reflashed my ECU with my AccessPort and put the same Real Time map back on the computer....

CEL, ABS and Brake lights went away but Speedo never came on....within 2 minutes of driving all warning lights returned.

Help!!! Anyone else have the same problems? Am I fuxored?
    Once upon a time I had a unique sig.....that time has passed. Now my sig is bland and boring like Cream Of Wheat without butter or sugra. Bleh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's what you get for having a place called "PoorAssRacing" work on your car.

It's also kind of funny that what screwed up your car is a completely worthless mod.
    04 black sti, gold rota torque, turbo xs tbe, turbo xs rfl bov, utec

someone trade their rfl axleback for my regular turbo xs magnaflow!!!!!

pm sent for answer

Not sure but go uninstall that TT as it is completely useless on our cars unless you are running some old-school turbo. The stock turbo, any VF series, or newer Mitsu (TD) are coolant cooled and do not require a TT.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Peachypumpkincheeks

Great advice, Chris.

Even though the OP has not been back in almost a year (Last Activity: 11-30-2005 10:13 PM). But if anyone searches for info on or help with the Turbo Timer, this thread will pop up.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Great advice, Chris.

Even though the OP has not been back in almost a year (Last Activity: 11-30-2005 10:13 PM). But if anyone searches for info on or help with the Turbo Timer, this thread will pop up.
    DOH! Why do people bring threads back from the dead?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4