gas question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on gas question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; do you HAVE to put 93 oct or rather prem. gas in the wrx? i mean gas prices are high ...

gas question

do you HAVE to put 93 oct or rather prem. gas in the wrx? i mean gas prices are high rigth now and bound to be higher i was just wondering if you HAVE too put in the really good stuff?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think technically the WRX can run on lower octane gas, but it will run poorly and may knock a bit if you drive aggressively. I think it's worth the extra $2.50 or so per tank to go with 91 or 93 octane fuel over 87 or 89.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to run a minimum of 91 to avoid detonation

I Support ClubWRX
    This quesiton always baffles me.....should i spare 10 bucks a month and drive my car easy and have it feel like a POS.....or should i use high test??
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    You need to run a minimum of 91 to avoid detonation
    +1

RTFM
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.