New to Forum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to Forum within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys just wanted to say hey, I have an 02 WRX that just went to 91,000 miles it has ...

Question New to Forum

Hey guys just wanted to say hey, I have an 02 WRX that just went to 91,000 miles it has already had a tuneup at about 75,000 and a new clutch that went out at about 80,000. Oil has been changed every 3,000 miles since new. Just wanted to know what kind of maintenance should I be looking into that should of already been done, and what do I have to look forward to at 100,000 miles?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrafun
    Hey guys just wanted to say hey, I have an 02 WRX that just went to 91,000 miles it has already had a tuneup at about 75,000 and a new clutch that went out at about 80,000. Oil has been changed every 3,000 miles since new. Just wanted to know what kind of maintenance should I be looking into that should of already been done, and what do I have to look forward to at 100,000 miles?

Thanks in advance
    W/o looking at the recomended maintenance sched- you should be coming up on a timing belt change if it hasn't been done.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I think if you've gone 91k on a '02, then you should be telling us

haha yeah I travel 60 miles a day back and forth to work plus lunch travel, we travel on the weekends either to family, friends or to just go somewhere. Although I can tell you parts for this car are not cheap, just a tune up was just over $200 and they said it was because they had to remove alot of parts to get to the plugs. I cant wait to see what the timing belt will cost but other than that I must say it has been one of the most reliable cars we have had. Our other vehicle is Jeep cherokee with 5.5" of lift and 32" tires so not the best fo reveryday driving. Good to see so far noone has came back with any issues they have with the mechanics of the WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrafun
    haha yeah I travel 60 miles a day back and forth to work plus lunch travel, we travel on the weekends either to family, friends or to just go somewhere. Although I can tell you parts for this car are not cheap, just a tune up was just over $200 and they said it was because they had to remove alot of parts to get to the plugs. I cant wait to see what the timing belt will cost but other than that I must say it has been one of the most reliable cars we have had. Our other vehicle is Jeep cherokee with 5.5" of lift and 32" tires so not the best fo reveryday driving. Good to see so far noone has came back with any issues they have with the mechanics of the WRX.
    Job pays 2.4 hours of labor + about $130 for the belt--

2.4 * 85(avg labor rate) + 130= about $330

could get it a bit cheaper away from the dealer, but... at your own risk
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.