WI: Hwy 33

This is a discussion on WI: Hwy 33 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've run this from I-94 near Portage to LaCrosse. Middle section of this drive will have you giggling like a ...

WI: Hwy 33

I've run this from I-94 near Portage to LaCrosse. Middle section of this drive will have you giggling like a school girl. First half is pretty blah, some decent corners in rural areas. The middle section has you climbing Wildcat Mt. and boy, is it a blast. Great corners, little traffic with pristine blacktop. On the way down there's a switchback that should be in GT4, good for a big smile, guaranteed. After the five minutes of exhiliration of Wildcat Mt., there's big sweeping corners all the way to LaCrosse on good roads with excellent views of oncoming traffic. Great place for high speed cornering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool but who are you?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

FNG...I live in Oconomowoc and work in Madison.
    2.5i's are gutless

AWD is like a sore pecker; you can't beat it.

LUCKY!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeanie
    I've run this from I-94 near Portage to LaCrosse. Middle section of this drive will have you giggling like a school girl. First half is pretty blah, some decent corners in rural areas. The middle section has you climbing Wildcat Mt. and boy, is it a blast. Great corners, little traffic with pristine blacktop. On the way down there's a switchback that should be in GT4, good for a big smile, guaranteed. After the five minutes of exhiliration of Wildcat Mt., there's big sweeping corners all the way to LaCrosse on good roads with excellent views of oncoming traffic. Great place for high speed cornering.
    Weren't we supposed to do this last summer? Let's get it done this spring then.

so where exactly is this? i have to go out to min. in may and would be passing through lacross and if i knew where it is would take a detour for a sweet drive!

Banned

:|

just for a minute...

I had to leave Boss in DC (can't drive 2 cars plus a truck home myself!!) but I'm going back for him next weekend. After that.... who's up for some fun? I'm just north of Milwaukee but always up for a drive.... especially a fast one
    "it is easier to get forgiveness than to get permission... no regrets"

"the road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom... for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough"

"go big or go home"

ako
    well just across the border from lacrosse, wi is winona, mn with some awesome downhill curves top to bottom of the bluffs