WA: Coastal Roads?

This is a discussion on WA: Coastal Roads? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi- my wife and I are planning a vaca for this summer and wanted to do the WA coast- we'll ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

WA: Coastal Roads?

Hi- my wife and I are planning a vaca for this summer and wanted to do the WA coast- we'll end up in Seattle to spend a couple of days in the big town and a day at Bremerton to run Pacific Raceway

I'd like to hit the WA coast for a couple or three days (we did the OR coast the summer before last and had a ball!).

Any reccomendations would be appreciated- ofcourse twisties are a big, big plus ;D

Thanks

Big Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i know of this side street off of highway-167 i think (between auburn and fife) and its all downhill/uphill, but its only fun when no one is there cuz the speed limit is like 25. i swear there isnt any REAL good roads up here. i found some out in the sticks by Elbe when me and my freinds go shoot guns. im sure Verdugo knows alot....

wait a minute..
    pacfic raceway?
    isnt' that place between auburn and maple valley?
    i believe it's in auburn, or kent.
    i dun think it's in bremerton..
    too far..
    and well exit between 148~160 on I-5 is good
    lol lotta neons up there, and everyone's going about
    75~90 ish, so flow with the traffic =)
    03' C i

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkorean34
    wait a minute..
    pacfic raceway?
    too far..
    Kent is correct, don't know where I got Bremerton from- I think they had a rally-x there I was going to go to.

Looking at the map it looks like a lot of it (coast) is 101 (or a 101 derivative.)

Mike

You should visit World One Performance.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by sadkorean34
    wait a minute..
    pacfic raceway?
    too far..
    Bremerton Raceway is a different track (not all that bad).....Pacific Raceways is in Kent/Covington

There are some really beautiful drives by Mount Ranier, Mt St Helens, and along the coast.

Chuckanut in Bellingham. Awesome views and even better sunsets!!! That might be a little too far north for you though. I love montana. My friend and I used to head over there every summer for some fly fishing on the Madison.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mount Ranier sounds like a must do . I looked Bremerton raceway up on the net it looks like a 1320' track- never done that before, might have to to give it a go.

Looked up Chuckanut- that looks nice too.

The Madison is definitely a dandy river-we're very blessed w/ many nice rivers.

Mike

i went to bremerton track for my first drag session in my rex. i thought it was fun, i sucked though...

a inner road between kent and auburn
    where old country buffet is located.
    there's a back way, it's about uhh....
    27 or 28 mile straight way.
    2 lane. pretty fun road..and after all, that's
    curvies also. =) i play there alot.
    few hondas runnin next to me sumtimes.
    03' C i

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanBeefcake
    i know of this side street off of highway-167 i think (between auburn and fife) and its all downhill/uphill, but its only fun when no one is there cuz the speed limit is like 25. i swear there isnt any REAL good roads up here. i found some out in the sticks by Elbe when me and my freinds go shoot guns. im sure Verdugo knows alot....
    I know EXACTLY what road you are talking about. It's an uphill/downhill run. One-way street that's about 1 1/2 lane wide. The speed limit is 25 but you have a 99.9% chance that there will NOT be any cops. The road is off of West Valley Hwy between the Supermall Exit and the Pacific/Algona Exit.

More specific directions: From 167 take off at the Supermall Exit. From there head West to West Valley Hwy. Take a left on West Valley Hwy. You will pass the motorcycle dealer on your right and the garbage dump yard. The road will be on your right and it's a steep uphill. If you get to Ellinton road you have gone too far.

NOTE: When you do find that road and get to the top, keep going left to the downhill or else you will find yourself in a neighborhood.

I've got to check that out. I've drove that stretch of 167 hundreds of times.

Quote Originally Posted by DChan
    I know EXACTLY what road you are talking about. It's an uphill/downhill run. One-way street that's about 1 1/2 lane wide. The speed limit is 25 but you have a 99.9% chance that there will NOT be any cops. The road is off of West Valley Hwy between the Supermall Exit and the Pacific/Algona Exit.

More specific directions: From 167 take off at the Supermall Exit. From there head West to West Valley Hwy. Take a left on West Valley Hwy. You will pass the motorcycle dealer on your right and the garbage dump yard. The road will be on your right and it's a steep uphill. If you get to Ellinton road you have gone too far.

NOTE: When you do find that road and get to the top, keep going left to the downhill or else you will find yourself in a neighborhood.
    Drove it last night and it's 58th Place South.

Southwest of Bremerton

I used to take my WRX out on the gravel logging roads between Bremerton and Olympia. On the weekend they are usually deserted. Probably a little dangerous because of dropoffs and no guardrails, but really fun. AWD on gravel is great. Also, you will be cleaning dust out of all the crevices in your car for weeks.

twisty roads huu? take it from me done plenty. highway 112 on the way out to neah bay is verry fun. all most all the turns are around or below 25mph and its right along the strait almost the whole way o ands its extremly buitiful. 101 between forks and westport. thats a twisty one two and its verry pretty. long straitaways and hard corners on that one. the back roads behind silverdale and bremerton are a blast if ur going for a day trip. the ones around seabeck are preetty good to.high way 8 0r 12 cant rember...aactully i think it turns into 12..any way that between montasano and long beach is fun some times the trafic on the weekends though.

hope this helps if u want to know more u can pm me or sumthing.

p.s. these are all on the coast or headed out to the coast.
    my Subie keeps beating up on my Geo