PA: lincoln and kelly drives
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PA: lincoln and kelly drives within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; for anyone in the philadelphia area going from center city to mt airy not during rush hour, i highly suggest ...

PA: lincoln and kelly drives

for anyone in the philadelphia area going from center city to mt airy not during rush hour, i highly suggest these roads. they're slightly intimidating at first because of how narrow the lanes are, but they're very rewarding if you like 2nd and 3rd gear turns.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow. Becarefull. There is always traffic on those roads but they are fun. Just dont push the limits of the car to much.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Wow. Becarefull. There is always traffic on those roads but they are fun. Just dont push the limits of the car to much.
    cheers
    i don't over do it on the street. it's not worth killing myself or others.

Good. Ive seen some bad accidents on kelly drive. Motorcycles especialy. Turns kill on motorcycles.

Although it's curvy, its a really bad place for a "fun drive". A lot of traffic, let alone the joggers, museum goers, boaters, etc. along the sidewalk.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Although it's curvy, its a really bad place for a "fun drive". A lot of traffic, let alone the joggers, museum goers, boaters, etc. along the sidewalk.
    i drive it between midnight and 6am, so there's not much of anything except fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWorks
    i drive it between midnight and 6am, so there's not much of anything except fun.
    Thats good.
    I ride my bicycle on there tuesday evenings (called the drive rides and its faaaaaaaaast) so dont hit us....

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Good. Ive seen some bad accidents on kelly drive. Motorcycles especialy. Turns kill on motorcycles.
    No kidding... I was running on Kelly Drive one time, and saw an accident right by that death curve where a Camry oversteered going about 60. If there wasn't a barrier between the running/biking path and the road, at least 5 people would have had to be hospitalized... and I would have been one of them.

I saw something similar to that on West River Drive after the stop sign by the bridge. Some kid in a Camaro was flooring it and whipped around that sharp turn... only his back end let go and he smashed into the overpass.

Ya and we ride on the street
    One night the drive was closed, to cars , due to a motorcycle accident. it was the worst ive ever seen. the bike was in 100,000 pieces. You go too hot in a left turn you hit the barier and too hot into a right turn you hit oncoming traffic .
    But there sure are alot of girls down there .
    cheers

ive been on that rd hundreds of times. the best time to drive it is 1:00am-3:00am. not to many cops and awesome turns.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.