MI: West/NW Drives?

This is a discussion on MI: West/NW Drives? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Do any good roads exist in good ole West Michigan? I just got here from NC and i miss the ...

MI: West/NW Drives?

Do any good roads exist in good ole West Michigan? I just got here from NC and i miss the "tail" only being a few hours away.
    Straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that depends on what part of western michigan your at. If your in the northern lower peninusla, then do a search for M119. If your farther south, I cant help you. If your in the U.P. I cant help you... But from TC to Cross village, I can help ya, lol.

im near GR but im willing to drive anywhere to get a good road. what ya got in mind?

a 20 mile stretch called M119 north of harbor.

http://www.linuxdrifter.com/coppermi...ls.php?album=3

those are some pics I took last time I was up there. It's a long drive from GR, but (to me at least) would be worth it. I posted some info on it in this thread...

MI: highway M119

To me, it's the only road...

I'll post my standard teaser pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fun_run 023.jpg  
    Last edited by tooocool49723; 11-21-2004 at 08:09 PM.

DOOOOOOOD!!!! im gonna be there as soon as i get the clutch broke in. how is the traffic situation? im all about keeping it sane but i dont wanna be stuck behind granny smith and her ford LTD. im so excited now. thank you you have givven me hope!

Traffic sucks due to the sole reason that your proabably going about twice as fast as everyone else, so you will catch someone. Usually they'll let you pass after a while though. Oncoming traffic is a little different because you have to slow down (remember, it's only about a lane and a half wide) but still not too bad. I recommend going just after dark because then you can see the oncoming traffic's lights, but watch out for deer. I havent seen any, but they are out there.

I was planning on going up there today, but bent a tie rod last night (when turning my car around, understeer -> curb -> hit -> mechanic's till monday).

awsome guy. i cant wait to get up there and check out that road. some of the guys down here are talking about having a suby style get together if anyone is down? maybe we could all roll together.

Actually, If your coming up for Sno*Drift (the rally) I'm trying to get together a fun run. The rally is in atlanta michigan, which is about an hour away from here.

I go to school at Calvin. I'd probably wanna meet near GR. After finals I'll be in Tibet until the end of January, but after that I'll be around til may.

There is a nice area over by GrandVille. It is swooping, not much traffic, and there is a one way drive through the woods that is one lane. It is over by the parks where wilson/28th are. The negatives: after a while on the road it gets bumpy, and SLOW down for the bump sign. My first time I jumped the STi there. Also, there are alot of parks in the area so cops are driving around, and there is a looong strech of 25mph between parks and it is h3ll to drive down within the speed limit.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

im gonna have to check that out when i get a chance. thats like right near where i work. thanks.

i havent had a chance to get the road up north yet toocool but give me a mont or so and a decent thawing. i get my car back from the shop this week, a little car on deer action